• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

blower motor question

moparshaker

Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score
hey b body family , i have a 71 charger a/c car and my blower motor only blows on low , does the motor have a fuse or resister for the motor or is it built into blower motor and i need to replace unit or switch itself. thanks for any info that's provided.

hey b body family , i have a 71 charger a/c car and my blower motor only blows on low , does the motor have a fuse or resister for the motor or is it built into blower motor and i need to replace unit or switch itself. thanks for any info that's provided.
This is from a 67 schematic, should be able to look in the FSM or online to see if yours does have the resitor as well

20211102_182858.jpg

Resistor is mounted on the outside of the heater box right under the glove box. Pull it out and check it.

When the resistor goes then the only speed on the blower motor is high.
Sounds like the fan switch is the culprit. Check that.

thanks guys , i feel like a jack hole. i've replaced these on my work dodge's 98 and 01 and should have just looked for it instead of wasting a post here. i was in the driver seat and leaned over and you can see it clear as day. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back