• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blown six pack!

nice project .you might want to consider the using an 871 or larger blower for that many cubes.as opposed to the 671 reason being this.
you will have to spin the 671 blower faster,to create to correct air volume to support that many cubic inches.putting more stress and heat into the blower, an 871 will spin slower to do the same, and will be creating less heat wear.
the rule of thumb I was told was 671 small blocks, 871 big blocks up to 500 cubes, 1071 500+ cubes I would recommend getting a hold of a BDS catalog has all the info on selecting the correct blower for the application. theres alot of things you need to know so as not to waste moola $$$ good luck
www.blowerdriveservice.com/store/blower-intake-manifolds-c-9.htmlView attachment 673348
yes , your plan of a 6 71 , is to small , it would need to turn way faster then a blower needs too . an 8 71 sits on the same foot print . still its going to be spun up to get the boost on 543 . hemiitis drives his blown hemi 63 plymouth , too the track , races it . then drives it home .
Bingo! Bulls eye! Yatzee!

so you concur , rumblefish360 . i've been playing with huffer stuff for awhile . you can never be to big . on my salt project , one of the engines is 291 desoto hemi , i'm mounting a 8 71 on it . the slower the rotating blower the least heat from that air pump , the one chrysler hemi is 301 ci with a 6 71 , the other wedge is a 383 with a 6 71 on it . both are street/strip.
DSC03449.JPG
DSC03432.JPG

Hello from California!

Welcome from North Carolina. Start a build thread, a bunch of us will want to watch your progress.

Auto Transport Service
Back