Body Door Plug Styles and Number Required

General Mopar Tech Discussions

1. 69bfan

69bfan FBBO Vendor FBBO Sponsor

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    We have always in the past just sold a generic kit to cover the 66 to 70 B-Body and 67 to 72 A-Body door frame plugs. Just wanting to create a more specific kit for the various applications as I see it as unnecessary to sell you something that you will never need. With that said, looking at a junk door that I have here for a 66 Plymouth Satellite two door hardtop, it appears that each door used two of the 7/8 inch raised dome plugs and one of the 1/4 inch raised dome plugs as well. Just want to confirm that as being correct for the 67 applications as well. The 68 to 70 B-Body applications will use one of the 1/4 inch raised dome plug, three of the 7/8 inch raised dome plugs and one of the 1-1/2 inch recessed plugs.

As memory serves me, the 62 to 65 B-Body applications uses one of the 7/8 inch nickel plated plugs for each door, is that correct? Can anyone tell me if the 71 to 74 B-Bodies used the body plugs as well for the doors?

Body Plug.jpg

2. ruffcut

ruffcut FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    funny you should ask this question as I was just searching for the caplugs for the door of my 68 RR! Looks like they use 4 each of 3/4 and 2 each 7/8 inch, and then larger for holes in the bottom of the door. That would be for 2 doors.
    So, any help would be appreciated. ruffcut

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.