• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body in white Challenger?

I'd put a 225 with a three-speed on the column in it, just to piss EVERYBODY off!

My lil brother owns a race chassis shop - I just sent him this link. I think thats a pretty good deal for a start. Probably cheaper in the long run than buying a busted up one and start over with twisted up parts.

I'd put a 225 with a three-speed on the column in it, just to piss EVERYBODY off!
My brother had a ‘70 Challenger with the /6 and 904. It was the same car underneath as my E87 D21 ‘70 ‘Cuda. :D

My brother had a ‘70 Challenger with the /6 and 904. It was the same car underneath as my E87 D21 ‘70 ‘Cuda. :D
Well almost, except the front and rear toque boxes, floor hump and clutch linkage bracket welded to the frame rail. So no it wasn’t the same underneath.

Well almost, except the front and rear toque boxes, floor hump and clutch linkage bracket welded to the frame rail. So no it wasn’t the same underneath.
That’s all stuff you could weld in.... your driveway. :) But I think you get the point. Very similar.

In the early '80s, there was a purple Challenger with the 225 and three-speed on the floor. This was a "Deputy Challenger"; a low-option package where you could get a 198, 225, 318, or 383 with the 3-speed manual trans as standard, with the automatic as optional. The rear windows were fixed closed. Bare-bones inside, too. That car ended up with a 440 swap (go figure) and promptly got wrapped around a tree. I have the three-speed shifter and all of the linkage from that car, following the engine swap.

back to the 'bodies in white' deal

$8k for a clean challenger body, start fresh doesn't seem bad
buy or build a bunch of suspension stuff add a cage & your drivetrain
(or a crate deal)
an electrical harness/trim/grill/lites/seats/belts etc., go racing, with a new body style Challenger

the $89k for a roller is nucken' futs

65 Coronet AWB AFX Dodge factory built altered wheelbase.jpg
65 Belvedere AWB AFX Plymouth Chrysler factory altered wheelbase Advert. #1.jpg

65 Belvedere AWB AFX Plymouth Chrysler Engineering production #1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back