• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Bogus" Broadcast Sheets - anyone got a problem with this guy?

Hey cool when he starts making VIN tags and gives a 2-for1 discount, I'm in! I'll have the hemi roadrunner I always wanted!
(Easy guys just kidding....:p)
It's been said here already but yeah...where there's a dollar to be had, legitimately or not there's shady mofo's ready to take advantage

I agree on both the fake build sheets AND the fake fender tags. I don't think you should be able to do either. My Charger was originally a 383 2bbl SE, but had no fender tag when I bought it, and have never found a build sheet anywhere in the car. I trust that it was an original SE from the features on the car. The car was unrestored, and had all the add-ons that came with the SE models.

All that being said,... With no build sheet or fender tag to tell what it originally was, and having the original motor gone already back in '87 when I bought it, I am building it how I want. It had a 440 in it when I bought it, so another is going back in. We are converting it to 4spd, and adding torque boxes and frame connectors. It will be a RT/SE clone, but will never be claimed to be anything other than what it is. And if there ever is a question,... a quick look at the VIN tag will quickly tell it is a 383 car.

I see no real need for fake build sheets or fender tags. They mean nothing since they can't be substantiated as being real. In my opinion, having them just opens up issues to be questioned since it will be hard to tell what options it truly came with.

a former member comes to mind
a 4dr B-body passed off as an E body mail room tale

@Budnicks ^^^^^^^^^^^

Unknown.jpg
Ohhhh Nooooo He didn't...........

Would you not also have to have the factory stamped fender tag to match the phony sheet? There is a guy (or was) in Buffalo Grove IL that would make you a GM firewall tag only if you could prove owernship. He advertised that he knew the codes. He was on Craigslist also. POPS

The guy on Craigslist is the same guy on eBay. He has posted his bs scam on every big city craigslist he can. I flag all his fake *** adds as soon as I see them. He’s obviously looking to make a quick 300$ and he knows most people will use them for fraud purposes not novelty purposes. Everybody should flag his as and eBay should not let him sell them on there

When presented as being original than I do have a problem with it.......The ones whom support it will state it is only a piece of paper.....However, we all know that piece of paper adds value and legitimacy to a cars originality...

I just dealt with a guy that just sold a 69 A12 Bee. I was interested in the car and with a friends help......The car he claimed as being completely matching numbers had a 69 block re stamped with the cars vin and had a reproduction fender tag. He did not have the BS but I bet if he was aware of that ad he would have got one. Sad because a guy today somewhere who won that auction thinks he scored an all original numbers matching car and it is not......

People think that the core knowledge on these cars are no longer around........This is why history on these cars have to be preserved for the future......One may not like OE concours restorations but they do serve a big purpose to preserve history....
Would that be the B5 blue one that sold yesterday? I feel sorry for that buyer.

Real aar cuda buildsheet for my car, wrapped around glove box liner......screw that loser

CCC8D808-B4C1-495F-B26A-9F43EC2923F8.jpeg

Dave Walden is a dedicated Mopar enthusiast. His car was never passed off as a original but more of a concept of a alleged prototype. Some took exception to it. His 4 door car is a flawless build. Not many would possess the skill needed to build that car like it or not. This car has nothing to do with what the OP is referring to, and its noted that those you would mention him in this thread never had the nerve to question him when he was a member here.

Dave Walden is a dedicated Mopar enthusiast. His car was never passed off as a original but more of a concept of a alleged prototype. Some took exception to it. His 4 door car is a flawless build. Not many would possess the skill needed to build that car like it or not. This car has nothing to do with what the OP is referring to, and its noted that those you would mention him in this thread never had the nerve to question him when he was a member here.
There are many that possess the same skill....Would you like names and build threads...There are many....

You just spend your time in the political forum and searching for threads like this.....Versus actually being a contributing member and taking the time to look at the many builds going on in the restoration and rest mods section and to post there.....Places where you NEVER made a single post but you try to appear to be interested in skills and abilities......what a joke....

fake tags are pretty easy to spot and so are these only good for wiping your *** sheets.
to fool someone knowledgeable isn't very easy as it is much harder to pull the right codes for a sheet
then it is to fake a tag and you see screwed up tags all the time..
another scourge of the hobby that should be outlawed
as it is only done to make something appear what its not...

fake tags are pretty easy to spot and so are these only good for wiping your *** sheets.
to fool someone knowledgeable isn't very easy as it is much harder to pull the right codes for a sheet
then it is to fake a tag and you see screwed up tags all the time..
another scourge of the hobby that should be outlawed
as it is only done to make something appear what its not...

Maybe easy to spot for the well educated on the subject. I would likely be fooled by a good re-pop, and so would a lot of others. I remember someone posting a tag and only a select few seemed to be able to tell it was a fake, and they wouldn't disclose how they could tell. That's why I'm against it completely. It's like printing your own US currency and saying it's for fun only. If it's close your gonna get a visit. Fake tags and build sheets should be clearly labeled as such.

Auto Transport Service
Back