• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolts, nuts, and fasteners

66HOTROD

Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
I am working on a 71 Dodge Charger that was torn apart when I bought it. Now I'm finding many of the fasteners are missing. Where can I find replacements and is there a guide as to what goes where? Thanks!

The manuals as put out by David Wise and Bryon Fettig will be your best source of information. They do not have a book for the 71 B-Body application, but the E-Body Fastener Guide will overlap in certain areas. Likewise, they also did a Dodge and Plymouth version for the 68 to 70 B-Body applications.

These manuals are not cheap, but for anyone looking for the details to compliment the Factory Parts Manuals and Service Manuals, these will be your best bets.

As for a source for correct hardware, AMK Fasteners out of Winchester, VA. is the source of the fasteners and hardware that the restoration shops sell. Some pieces can be sourced from Auveco and Car Pack and generic items like speed nuts from Granger or McMaster Carr. Some of the Ebay kits can be hit or miss. Just got to know what your looking for and the correctness desired as some of these kits are nothing more than bolts put together from the hardware selection at Home Depot.

The AMK kits are USA made, and correct markings and finishes. I have bought two master kits (Mopar & Ford), and will be getting another Mopar kit soon. I was very impressed with the quality and what is included in the master kits.

The AMK master kits whether they be the chassis or engine kits are very cost effective vs. purchasing the individual components.

Well than,ace hardware or fastenall can be your friend!There are still some original hardware in my heap...........

8.10.18 Bellmore 004.jpg

I have always saved the bolts from engines or cars that I have parted out. Between those and all of the grade 8 bolts I have accumulated over the years I have more than Home Depot or the Hardware stores. All of my buddies and neighbors come to me first. Lol.

20180923_170105.jpg 20161104_213747.jpg

I have always saved the bolts from engines or cars that I have parted out. Between those and all of the grade 8 bolts I have accumulated over the years I have more than Home Depot or the Hardware stores. All of my buddies and neighbors come to me first. Lol.

View attachment 668869 View attachment 668870
I'm like half of that because my garage is smaller than your,,,,,,,,but every so often I need something that either I can't find or don't have:realcrazy:
I still have 4,,,,5 gallon pails to be put away.They have been in the pails for YEARS.At least they were separated into screws,washers,electrical etc......:lol::elmer:

1.15-15 022.jpg 1.15-15 032.jpg 1.19.13 032.jpg 2.19.17 015.jpg 2.22.13 014.jpg 2.22.13 017.jpg 2.22.13 018.jpg 3.6.14 015.jpg 3.13.16 090.jpg 3.13.17 021.jpg

Well than,ace hardware or fastenall can be your friend!There are still some original hardware in my heap...........

View attachment 668131

If, it ain`t numbers matching, and mine ain`t , I oike to measure the depth of the threaded hole account for drill bit taper in the bottom , and put the longest grade 8 bolt that will , in everything. Especially in alum. that isn`t heli coiled!

Auto Transport Service
Back