• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books, Manuals, Pubs, Service Bulletins, etc.

71scgc

Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Greetings All!
As I recently posted in the Welcome section, I very recently acquired a 1963 Savoy Max Wedge car. I'm not new to the old car world, and have a good bit of experience in old Corvettes.
In that world, two manuals that are absolute must-haves if you plan on doing as much work as possible yourself are a Chassis Service Manual (CSM), and an Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM).
The CSM was used by service techs in dealerships, etc., and the AIM was used by line personnel at the GM plant in St. Louis, MO. Also, there are Overhaul Manuals, (very hard to find), and supplements and Interim service manuals that cover significant changes that occured during a production run. So, say in the case of my 1965 Corvette Coupe, you need the 1965 AIM, the 1963 CSM, the 1965 supplement to that CSM, and the 1965 Interim Service Manual, which covers the 396 C.I. Big Block engine that was introduced in the late middle of the production run, as well as the Turbo 350 Automatic Transmission, which was also new for 1965.

So, I wanted to ask the collective vast knowledge base of this forum, what are the Manuals, Books, Publications, etc. that you consider to be "Bibles" or just absolute Must-Have sources for anyone who wants to increase their knowledge and ability to do their own work on these great old cars. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks All,
Carter

Auto Transport Service
Back