• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boomerang pushrod!??

Gary_gtx67

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
oops! now how does this happen on the exhaust side?

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 234
Not sure, but you better find out quick!! I had a small bock that had some "s" shaped pushrods, over RPM with a solid cam was the issue at that time. is this one or all exhaust valves??

check the valves and see if they are bent using a leakdown tester and check ur valve lash, loose, or even piston to valves hitting or collasped lifter if ts hydraulic, did u over rev the motor into valve float mode??

Here's the tricky part guys 5 out of 8 were. Bent on the passenger side and none on the driver! How in the world does that happen? Now take. Note this was the worse one. All the others wernt that bad but still a bend is a bend. The clearance is good especially since the pistons have valve refiefs in them.

go to comp cams website it will tell you about rocker to retainer clearance at the rocker tip. i had some that were corrected with lash caps. if the rocker hits the retainer it can cause problems for ya

So can coil bind. What is your combination and what engine are these on? A big block?

LOL OMG i think i should be shot right now after finding out what i just found wrong! Tell me just looking at this crank gear which 0 would line up for the timing mark to match the cam gear??

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    31 KB · Views: 154
yea i did the key way like an idiot!! oops! Note to self Bud Light and engine building Dont MIX!! lol

Lols,, Stuff happens sometimes! If we didn`t make mistakes we wouldn`t learn anything. Don`t be to hard on yourself!

Auto Transport Service
Back