• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Braided cable insulation needed

36viper

Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase 15" of the 3/4" ID and the same amount of the 3/8" ID braided cable high heat protected insulation for the cables near the starter? Mine are looking really rough! Thanks in advance for your time!

Wire harness insulation wrap.JPG

Thanks for the link! I know I'm being fussy, but I wish they didn't use that black trim. The white trim looks great. How hot do you think those leads get? Will 500 degrees do it?
That insulation is made with fiberglass “
Does anyone know where I can purchase 15" of the 3/4" ID and the same amount of the 3/8" ID braided cable high heat protected insulation for the cables near the starter? Mine are looking really rough! Thanks in advance for your time!

View attachment 1287271
That insulation is made of fiberglass “rope” and in time it gets dirty and discolored, there is not much you can do about that, unless you don’t drive much. Not a suggestion, but you can buy a replacement wiring harness.

I used to buy those at Year One....and I think even summit/jegs/etc used to sell mopar performance oem sleeves, but I haven't purchased any new in a few years.

I used to buy those at Year One....and I think even summit/jegs/etc used to sell mopar performance oem sleeves, but I haven't purchased any new in a few years.
Thanks Lefty71, I’ll check those suppliers!

Auto Transport Service
Back