• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Bleeder Product Review

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
I'm so impressed with this brake bleeding system that I felt I should share. I think it was KernDog who mentioned using this product last summer. While I have always thought I had done a decent job of bleeding brakes with the old get your wife or kids to pump the pedal ordeal, I had 1 car that the pedal would be slightly mushy the first time pressed after sitting awhile. So last fall I ordered the Motive 0113 jug along with the 00113 Chrysler cap kit. My master cylinders are all Dr Diffs 15/16" aluminum versions. The 2 chambers are joined at the top, so it probably makes it a bit easier than the original style cast masters. I still don't quite understand how it doesn't pump air into the system at first, but it doesn't. Yesterday I used it on all 3 of my cars. Ended up getting some small air bubbles out of every one of them. This is truly a one man bleeding system that works marvelous. And the best part is I don't have to watch the wife and kids roll their eyes when I ask them to please help pump a brake pedal just one more time, lol.

20231006_065156.jpg

20231006_065204.jpg

20231006_065210.jpg

20231006_065324.jpg

I bought one of those last year but have yet to use it. Glad to hear it works as advertised.

Thanks for the review. While Maria doesn't mind being my pedal-pumper, it's not the most efficient way to bleed brakes.

This would be the perfect tool to purge the brake system. I've been meaning to convert to DOT 5.

I have a similar but you pull the vacuum from the bleeder screw. Problem with that is as you loosen the bleeder screw it likes to draw air past threads so you have to remove them and thread tape first. Bit of a hassle. May have to see if I can invest in some covers for the master and bleed in that direction.

I'm so impressed with this brake bleeding system that I felt I should share. I think it was KernDog who mentioned using this.

View attachment 1535584
I did a short write up on this product and was quite happy with it. It is faster than the two person method and is great for those times when a buddy/helper just isn't around.

Auto Transport Service
Back