• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake line

daredevil

Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
wheres the best place to get a new brake line that goes from the front to back of a 66 b? the one with the winding around it. Or if the line has no rust on the outside does it really need changing.not doing a resto just a freshen.

Check out Finelines or Inline Tube. The winding you're asking about is called armor....

Rev.

finelines has some cool stuff.im gonna need a lot more now lol

Just an FYI. Unless you're planning on replacing every component in the brake system that the lines attach to, do NOT use the Stainless lines. They are to hard and will NOT seal to a surface that has already had a line against it.

If the stainless is hard and the brass is soft would it not seal, or do you mean only for used stuff and not all new? Just curious, I'm using all stainless and it's all new stuff.

If everything is new it's not a problem. But if you try to seal a new stainless line on an old fitting/prop valve/whatever you'll have problems. It will have to be tightened beyond where you think you'll be able to get it apart again.

The mild steel lines will conform and seal against old surfaces, but the stainless won't.

I've built my own stainless lines and used the premade stuff on some original parts before. (Brass "T's" and such) You just have to pay attention, use plenty of anti-seize, which I recommend on the new stuff also, oh, and a prayer don't hurt either.....

Rev.

I'll do that, thanks.

Has anyone used a 67 kit on a 66 coronet to take advantage of a dual pot master cylinder. does everything fit and fasten correctly? i ordered one from inline tube. Just hoping everythings correct.

Auto Transport Service
Back