• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Pads Wrong???

Using a thick spacer is a bad idea.. But a shim has never been an issue & in rare instances the OE manufacturers used them.....

If the rim was super close to the caliper before new pads would push the outer face of the caliper closer to the backside of the wheel so a shim could be your solution...

My thinking exactly. I'm guessing a 14" rim for drum brakes is on it. They roll in towards the calipers way more than a road wheel or ralleye

My thinking exactly. I'm guessing a 14" rim for drum brakes is on it. They roll in towards the calipers way more than a road wheel or ralleye
Actually the rims are from a Ford...I didn't realize it until I tried to mount the dog dish hubcaps I bought. But since the wheels rolled fine before, I decided to leave as is for now. Could it be the inside of the rim that is the issue?

Auto Transport Service
Back