• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake pedal return spring

luvthyapril

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi all can anyone tell me where the brk pedal return spring goes on a 66 coronet 500 power brake- automatic floor shift car a picture would help. Thank you

I have never seen one. Not that some car may have.

Far as I recollect return springs went away eons-eons ago. A few resorted to this more often (as I know) with street rods. I did much hunting having a problem doing a brake conversion – pedal return hassles, ratio. Usually there’s a glitch with pedal arrangement, lack of free pedal play, booster rod adjustment (power brakes), or MC travel, binding calipers/linings, air trapped in the MC (different than in the lines).

there isa spring on the brake pedal linkage , but its more for anti rattle than anythign else

Well, I apologize for the the poor quality...just not an easy thing to photograph.

My 66 Coronet 500...no power brakes, but that shouldn't matter.

I hope this is some help

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

Looks like a clutch pedal over center spring to me.

yeah

I screwed up
I'll snap another pic tomorrow

there isa spring on the brake pedal linkage , but its more for anti rattle than anythign else
Yes a fairly wimpy spring that goes up/down from the linkage

There was a spring on the pedal assembly I just don't know yet how it goes on guess I will have to wait until I put the coronet back together

Auto Transport Service
Back