• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand new car!Question about engine

Snowbug778

Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
So my dad got me a project car for my first car, a 71 charger se! Its going to be my daily! I just wanted to know(to make sure it is ok) if this is ok? Looking at my engine and noticed this hose was kinked, will it affect anything and what does it go to? The charger runs amazing i just want to make sure it wont cause problems!
588F710A-9924-4CF8-A561-FD393FE4C50C.jpeg
4A0EF0A8-10F0-407C-8127-FFEB9150FE31.jpeg
F3976ABB-2CE1-4734-AFBF-DDD7196A2D50.jpeg
A8C7A2EB-7C33-4CD0-A81A-046296239451.jpeg

50ED4E64-3DDC-4B1C-AFB7-E1A60D7CF37D.jpeg

F3E8E60D-B1BB-4822-9F88-5A83D9642159.jpeg

That was a pretty common quick fix for a leaky heater core back in the day.

PO bypassed the heater core. It would be best to take out the kink. Nice Charger! 440'

Looped or plugged won’t make a difference. Coolant doesn’t have to circulate through those ports.

Not good for the hose to have it kinked. It could fail there at the kink, but will probably last for years. It won’t hurt the engine To have them blocked.

Not good for the hose to have it kinked. It could fail there at the kink, but will probably last for years. It won’t hurt the engine To have them blocked.
Got it thank you!!

You might be able to thread out the nipples for the hoses. A bit risky but you could put in pipe plugs.
But if they snap off then you'll need to replace the water pump housing. Just an idea.

You might be able to thread out the nipples for the hoses. A bit risky but you could put in pipe plugs.
But if they snap off then you'll need to replace the water pump housing. Just an idea.
Thank you!!

Deffinetly old school with the twice pipes[ side pipes].

I'd hook the hoses up to the heater core and see what happens. If the core is leaking, I would replace it. You may need heat one day.

Maybe just block off one side and hook a garden hose to the other side, or leak check with air.

Wow, cool car! Take care of it, be careful with it as there won't be any more made.
That is really common for guys to bypass the heater core when the core starts leaking. It's a pain to fix, but doable with a service manual.

Wow, cool car! Take care of it, be careful with it as there won't be any more made.
That is really common for guys to bypass the heater core when the core starts leaking. It's a pain to fix, but doable with a service manual.
Heck ya man!

I love the stance, what size tire / rim combo? I really want to go with the same rims , but unsure what size to go with

Auto Transport Service
Back