• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brand new member 1969 GTX-need help

moparfanUSA

Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
I just purchased my 1st old car. A 1969 GTX all numbers matching F8 green, auto with A/C. I decoded the fender tag, but the one thing I cannot find online is the plant code. I have a code "E". Does anyone know what plant it was built at? I don't think the car is "Rare" as far as GTX's go. The only thing that makes is a little more rare is the A/C. It has a 440 with HD auto Trans, bucket seats,power brakes, power steering, AM/FM Radio. It is a real solid car, but it needs a new paint job, all of the sheet metal is original. There are some other small things that I will need to fix, but nothing major.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Cool! Welcome, pics? We love pics here. Nice car by the way. I think many of these cars were built in Los Angeles, at least mine was, I can't recall the plant code, I don't memorize that stuff but many do, and usually they are correct! I see you are from NJ, it's a sad shame up there our cars suffer from the abuse the municipalities put on them in the form of salt on the roads. I'm originally from NH, and my GTX came from RI, what a mess that car was! So all you want to know is where your car was built? I am sure someone will jump on that one!

Hi & Welcome! Pics are GOOD!!!
A- Lynch Road
B- Hamtrack
C- Jefferson
D- Belvedere
E- Los Angeles
F- Newark
G- St. Louis
R- Windsor

pic's

Yes, I will put some pictures up here later this week, once I pick the car up.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Welcome!!! And best of luck with your new toy!!! A very nice choice of a toy I might add!!!

nice to have you in our group,a friend of mine just redone his '68 gtx that he had since high school.repaint in orig green w/440 auto and it looks nice,can't wait to see yours too.

Auto Transport Service
Back