• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Break hose / axle tee block

Sajc

Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I need help with the brakes. When importing a car in a container, I assume that the car was secured with a chain over the differential and brake hoses, now these hoses are compressed. Now I don't have rear brakes on the car. I tried unscrewing it at the brake cylinder and it goes without a problem, but at the axle break line tee block, things get complicated. I can't unscrew the screws, any suggestions? My 10 wrench doesn't fit, what size is this nut? The nut is damaged by the chain, which tool should I use?

Thanks in advance for your help.

20240118_202441.jpg

20240118_202819.jpg

20240118_202433.jpg

20231229_182505.jpg

20240118_201726.jpg

Cut the line at the nut and drive a 6 point socket on it. 2 minute job.

Should be 3/8" but use vice grips if you have to.
You can buy prebent new lines for the rear axle.

You may need to remove the block from the housing to get a good grip on the damaged nut with a 3/8" wrench or vise grips. File some on th damaged nut somthe wrench will go on. Then hold the block with pliers To loosen the nut.

People that operate like this need some consequences for damaging things. It's obvious they did this.

People that operate like this need some consequences for damaging things. It's obvious they did this.
The car should have been secured with axle staps, not chains.
How does a shipping company not know the correct way to strap down a car.
It's not rocket science.

The car should have been secured with axle staps, not chains.
How does a shipping company not know the correct way to strap down a car.
It's not rocket science.
They don't care! No consequences.

You own an american car time to buy a set of american wrenches and sockets. 3/4" and down would be a start.

Hello,

I need help with the brakes. When importing a car in a container, I assume that the car was secured with a chain over the differential and brake hoses, now these hoses are compressed. Now I don't have rear brakes on the car. I tried unscrewing it at the brake cylinder and it goes without a problem, but at the axle break line tee block, things get complicated. I can't unscrew the screws, any suggestions? My 10 wrench doesn't fit, what size is this nut? The nut is damaged by the chain, which tool should I use?

Thanks in advance for your help.

View attachment 1593714

View attachment 1593715

View attachment 1593716

View attachment 1593717

View attachment 1593718
Welcome aboard brother. Lotta good people here and knowledge

Your going to have to send it back so we can take a look….

In line tube for the lines. Sorry for the miss hap. Just cannot trust anyone anymore. Had to have my car towed and the tow truck drive came at the car with steel hooks and chains on them then looked under the front of the car. I said what are you doing he stated he was looking for a place to put those hooks. Well, I said I don't think so and you need some nylon straps and no hooks. Had to tell him how to hook up the car on my shackles and drag it backward on the roll back. They don't care what gets tore up.

In line tube for the lines. Sorry for the miss hap. Just cannot trust anyone anymore. Had to have my car towed and the tow truck drive came at the car with steel hooks and chains on them then looked under the front of the car. I said what are you doing he stated he was looking for a place to put those hooks. Well, I said I don't think so and you need some nylon straps and no hooks. Had to tell him how to hook up the car on my shackles and drag it backward on the roll back. They don't care what gets tore up.

When your buy your SAE socket and wrench set you may also want to add a set of line wrench,s 1/4" through 9/16"

Should be 3/8" but use vice grips if you have to.
You can buy prebent new lines for the rear axle.
The 4" 4LW Vice Grips designed for nuts work great on brake lines (note: pic is 7").
Also if you buy pre-bent brake lines, keep in mind that there are a lot of different lengths, and the tee wasn't always in the same location.

Irwin-Locking-Pliers-Wrench.jpg

Thanks for the tips and solutions. I'll make the brake pipes myself, that's not difficult. But first as a lot of you suggested I need to buy the correct tools. I'll try and cut the 9 wrench so it will fit for now. Since I have to wait a long time to get something.

Thank God you were there and didn't just let your car be towed.

These days, you just hope the person has a good day at work...

If I didn't have fuel problems I wouldn't even know about it. At first I saw only one pipe twisted and I thought ok everything happens but yesterday I saw the whole story..

I wonder how they "secured" it in the front..

Auto Transport Service
Back