• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brighter Tail Light Bulbs?

dodge68charger

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Looking For Something A Bit Brighter For My Tail Lights On My 1969 Roadrunner..

What Is Everyone Using?

Do I Need A Different Flasher If I Go LEDs...

I went from 1157's to 2057's if I remember correctly. They did make a noticable difference. And the photo is the tail lights on taken in the afternoon.

10-18-19.jpg

I’ve used ‘Ron Francis Wiring’ bulb replacements for my 1157 tail lights in my ‘65 coronet. They have what they call ‘brite bulbs’ that i used & they turned out to be a little less than 2x’s as bright as the originals. I like them & they work fine, but they were not LED’s. They do make LED’s as well.
https://www.ronfrancis.com/category/brite-bulbs-and-led-style-bulbs
I also have the entire R/Francis full harness & fuse box wiring system in my ‘90 Ramcharger and it has worked super for over 10 years. Not sure what else is out there.....been a while since i looked.
Their web site is: https://www.ronfrancis.com/
Hope this helps. Scott in SC

Electronic flasher and LED's will make it brighter and cheaply done. Buy on Amazon.

I removed the lens and applied shiny aluminum tape inside. It helped some.

I also considered crushing aluminum foil and then opening it back up leaving the many different facets, but haven't tried that yet.

Do a search on tail lights, there was a thread about them. The guy is a wizard on lighting.
For my 67 R/T he said to use a Honda blub, There was a visible difference.
He has a web page that goes into great detail about lighting, I just cant remember his name right now.

LikeToolman said above I changed my 1157s
to 2357s made by Eiko.
Bought them from the auto parts store.
They won't last as long as1157s,but you'd have to use your car as a dailey driver to worry about it

Auto Transport Service
Back