• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bucket seat frame interchange

rmchrgr

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Looking into buying factory bucket seats for my '68 Coronet. I have read that the seat frames are the same between A and B bodies. Is his true?

I figure whatever I find will probably need to be recovered which more than not means the foam is shot too. So if I find a set that needs covers and foam, it wouldn't matter which seats I get (A or B) and it will broaden the search pool.

Also, in regards to seat brackets; if the seat frames are the same, would the seat brackets bolt up the same? The floor mounting points are obviously going to be different but I am hoping the points where the top of the brackets bolt to the underside of the frame for either the A or B body bracket are the same.

Thanks for any input.

Seat frames are the same from 68-69 A and B body. The 69 frames had provisions for headrests but you don't have to use the headrests provisions for 68...just cover over them.

The floor mount brackets do not interchange from A to B body. However you should be able to use the floor brackets from 66-69 B body. The 66-67 b body seat frames will not be the same as 68-69.

Cool, thank you. Was hoping that was the case.

I actually like the headrests, I might want to find a set that has them. Are they not correct for '68? I thought they were?

Cool, thank you. Was hoping that was the case.

I actually like the headrests, I might want to find a set that has them. Are they not correct for '68? I thought they were?
Headrests were optional on 68s and early 69s. Became mandatory Jan. 1,1969.

Headrests were optional on 68s and early 69s. Became mandatory Jan. 1,1969.

Thanks, didn't know that. I know I've seen them on '68s plenty of times but I guess it's just one of those facts you don't realize until you want to install them in a car that never had 'em!

Auto Transport Service
Back