• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket seat studs

Glenn's hc

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
So I recently had my seats redone ( buckets) on my 70 superbee. At some point in the cars life someone cut the studs I would guess to get the nuts off, they left the spacers out under the seat tracks, drivers side only . So the studs seem to be welded in? And I can't get them out. So my question is , any ideas getting them out, and who is selling the studs like the originals? I was thinking of just cutting them down and installing new nuts and bolts in the alternate square holes in the tracks, but I'd rather do it the right way .

good luck. I have never seen reproduction studs for sale. After talking with several people it sounds like using fully threaded carriage bolts and tacking them in with a welder is the way to go.

I've read the same thing on other treads, 5/16 carriage bolts, problem still I'd getting the old ones out

Auto Transport Service
Back