• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Sheet question

mustangsqd

Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
My ebody build sheet has " Special Handling Car " typed at the bottom. Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks!

Are there any Y codes in the upper right hand boxes? Can you post a good picture of the sheet?

My ebody build sheet has " Special Handling Car " typed at the bottom. Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks!
Special Handling car is just for assembly purposes. Or so I have read. It doesn't mean it has a special suspension for better handling.

Corvettes suck. Build sheets are for Corvettes. :p

All the cool cars have Broadcast sheets. :)
I guess “build sheet” is more of a Chevelle thing, as Corvettes had tank stickers or something like that. The whole “matching numbers” thing harkens back to Corvettes as well. The VIN on them didn’t disclose what engine they came with until 1972. All GM cars for that matter. The number stamped on the block had to match the sequence number in the VIN.

Sounds like there was/is something different about the car that the assembly line had to pay attention to, whether it was paint, interior, options, delete option, customer, early production, media use or going to one of the national shows. My Max is a Sport Fury and they scrawled "BUCKET" at the bottom the build sheet. Thing is that ALL, I think, Sport Furys got buckets!

Max Build Sheet.JPG

:popcorn:

Are there any Y codes in the upper right hand boxes? Can you post a good picture of the sheet?
Yes, In the Upper right corner, " Vehicle Delivery and Handling" there's a "U" in the build for box and a " 4" in the 'Sold Car" box

Attachments

• Build Sheet.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
I know nothing about these things, but to me it looks like build for USA, label for export to Cananda appears checked???

I went to the E-Body site and did your build sheet and basically it says you've got a black Hemi 4 speed. I guess that gets Special Handling! One of those TV guys was all excited when he got a black E-Body, I think, and thought it was unusual.

Thanks!
"Special Handling Car" might mean that it doesn't have typical Mustang suspension characteristics - the ones that put the car deep in the rhubarb after leaving a car show.

Auto Transport Service
Back