• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullet Turn Signal Refurb

bmelvin1998

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to remove the light socket from the bullet?

I am guessing it is for a 68? IIRC there is a small set screw in there. Use lots of WD-40 or any lube. There is a guy that sells the lens,socket,bulb and harness for these special little buggers. Let me see if I can dig up his info.

FYI the parts for the repops are different than the parts for the originals.

I believe it's Crusin Moons that sells the parts for the originals. I have the set screw out and have hit them with some WD-40. I just can't grab the little buggers. I tried banging them on the work bench. The sockets are rusty and I believe one has a broken bulb in it.

They do slide in further also. Tap them in to knock them lose.

My Bee has Barracuda type(for ‘68) but with a little ingenuity you can install an LED in place of oe socket.More work being as how Radio Shack is no more.

Just be careful as my 68 has the fender bullet turn signals and for the life of me I couldn’t get those lens out of there for nothing. The lens have that slot for a screw driver on mine - broke one of them all to hell finally getting them out. I ended up buying new repos and selling my originals to a guy in MI. Rechroming was more than buying new ones every place I checked.

Been there, done it...socket with wire is threaded to the lense.
20170727_124858.jpg

I did not know that
I believe it's Crusin Moons that sells the parts for the originals. I have the set screw out and have hit them with some WD-40. I just can't grab the little buggers. I tried banging them on the work bench. The sockets are rusty and I believe one has a broken bulb in it.
Yeah I think thats the guy.

I got mine from Classic Industries during a sale and they fit fine in my original housings. I had enough other parts ordered where they ended up being cheaper.

Auto Transport Service
Back