• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumper - re-chrome or aftermarket replacement

Anybody had any experience with Graves Plating in Florence? Just ran across the website https://gravesplating.com/
I had Graves plating do Motorcycle parts clear back in the early 70's . It wasn't show chrome, but it was so low priced , I could ship even larger parts , halfway across the country, and still was much lower priced than locals platers. ..................MO

I had Graves plating do Motorcycle parts clear back in the early 70's . It wasn't show chrome, but it was so low priced , I could ship even larger parts , halfway across the country, and still was much lower priced than locals platers. ..................MO
I understand that they were good on small parts. I was just so upset about my RR bumper and the price being 200 more than Tri City Plating at the time, that I don't have much use for them. Tri City Plating doesn't do small parts. Glad to hear a positive response on them.

I have had bumpers straightened and plated by Keystone in Minnesota. Pleased with them and the price , Not show chrome, but that was an option. and didn't have to pay shipping as they were picked up and delivered To a local body shop. Downside: it took several weeks to get them back. Last ones I needed were ordered from AMD. The chrome was as good as OEM. No waves, delivered to me in less than two weeks, I didn't need cores, and the price was lower even with shipping , than the Keystone ones were. And I have some pretty good cores I can sell. ...........................MO

Anybody have experience with Custom Polish Chrome in Houston?

I've got a 73 charger rear bumper to rechrome. They have a fair price and quicker turnaround than some others. Reviews on google look good.

Thanks.

I had my GTX bumpers done her in LA - Santa Fe Springs. I’m pretty sure you won’t want to ship all the way out here but I think it was Bumper Boys (not the big outfit you see at all the car shows) Bit they drove down to my house in OC about 50 miles, picked them up did the job in a reasonable amount of time and drove them back down to me. This was about a good 7 years ago. It cost me $350 per amd I also had the, do the exhaust pipe extensions. The price was right and the work was very good. I was thrilled with the whole deal. For me personally I would never buy the repos for a top drawer car. For one that I wasn’t planning to bring to beauty pageants and wasn’t **** about I probably would.

Thanks. Just sent them an inquiry. Will ship it there if its the best deal from a quality supplier. Via UPS it's about 4 days each way.

The bumpers on my 64 S.F. were pretty beat up, so I wanted to get new bumpers. Classic Industries had a 20% (I think) discount so I ordered the AMD bumpers through them. I was very pleased with the quality and the price. Since I only live 250 miles away, the shipping wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
We had Paul's rechrome the original bumpers for our Charger. Not cheap but they look awesome

2022-04-26_06-47-03.jpg

2022-04-26_06-47-12.jpg
2022-04-26_06-47-20.jpg
2022-04-26_06-47-27.jpg
2022-04-26_06-47-35.jpg

Another vote for Tri-City, they did my 64' Polara rear bumper for $600 bucks but it was banged up and needed the bumperette holes filled and the front with no core for $700, look great.

Tti city is really a good group of people very responsive and have done two sets of bumpers for me. Both came out very good. I brought bumpers to carlile in spring and picked up at summer mopar give them AAA+

Thanks for the response guys.
When we got the bumper off today it was in real bad shape. Disappointing.
Ordered a new one from AMD.

Tri-City did the bumpers on my wife's Swinger about 21 years ago. This picture was taken 2 weeks ago. They had to weld up the holes that my stepfather had drilled to mount a bumper hitch so he could tow his little fishing boat behind it. They have done several sets for me since then, but as these have withstood the test of time I always point to them as testimony to their quality.

20220410_132135_resized (003).jpg

Thanks. Just sent them an inquiry. Will ship it there if its the best deal from a quality supplier. Via UPS it's about 4 days each way.
Hey Bro - If your post above is in reference to mine posting about a good chrome job on my GTX bumpers done by Bumper Boys in Santa Fe Springs(LA) Just be advised I indicated “not the big outfit you see at all the shows” Those guys are “Bumper Boyz”. They have a horseshit rep - and will likely send you back a good looking price. But I wouldn’t have any work done by them. They’re more famous for the crappy work they do than the good. The outfit I used had a similar name but not “Boyz” in it and we’re located in the LA Basin area. But this is a big area. So of it’s Bumper Boyz you went to - don’t send them your pieces no matter the price. You’ll likely be unhappy and out some $$$. Just in case - I saw your post under mine and I wanted to be clear and you not to get screwed.

a guy in detroit i can dig his number up if you wanna ship them that far.

would that be B&L Plating in Macomb? They do super nice work, but man are they expensive. Only for the highest quality show car IMO. Tri-City is by far the best quality for the money, although B&L is the best quality, period!

wasn't b&l was further south near mcnicoles and woodward, kinda in the hood, cost 2500 to have them done but involved some metal working due to shortening of them 3/8" on each side. definately show quality and he had alot going on there.

Auto Transport Service
Back