• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumper restoration & chrome in Arizona?

65AFX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get my 65 Coronet rear bumper straightened and rechrome in Arizona or southern California? The last ones I had restored was from a vendor at the Mopar Nations in 2014.
It was called Coast to Coast and they were located somewhere in the West Los Angeles area. I could not find them on the web today. may they closed up.

Anyone know where I can get my 65 Coronet rear bumper straightened and rechrome in Arizona or southern California? The last ones I had restored was from a vendor at the Mopar Nations in 2014.
It was called Coast to Coast and they were located somewhere in the West Los Angeles area. I could not find them on the web today. may they closed up.

About the above recommendation for Bumper Boyz - You have to be very careful. There are two of them with similar names in the LA Basin. The bigger one - the one that goes to all the big car shows etc - is the one to avoid. I hear nothing but bad news about those guys, their work and antics with your goods.

The other one - I used myself for both front and back bumpers as well as the chrome tail pipes on my GTX. They did some straightening and took all the parts thru the full several step plating process They turned out fabulous, the price was right and they picked them up and brought them back to my place. I could have sworn they were in Santa Fe Springs. Unfortunately it's been some 6+ years or so since I did business with them and I sold my car back a few and deleted their contact info which I wish I hadn't. I want to say their name was simply Bumper Boys - or close to that but don't exactly remember. I don't know that the Commerce Dept would allow a name so closely related for the same business. I just caution you on going to the big guys. There's not many rechromers around here anymore that I know of but do some digging before jumping off that bridge. Sorry I don't have the contact info. As I recall they weren't a real big outfit - whereas the one above goes around the country to many car events.

Bought a few bumpers from the Boyz at Carlisle over the years. No complaints here.

I'm not trying to shoot down your experience - but I am saying do your homework on who you go to. Buying a bumper at a show already done - you get to see the finished product and take it home. They'd not be too bright to bring garbage to a big show to sell. I'm more referring to sending your stuff to them and taking the chance on what you get back. Their rep isn't what I'd chance my bumpers to. But that's all the OP's decision. i hope you get good work for a reasonable price that's all. There are fewer and fewer rechromers out there and I've no axe to grind with any.

Depending on your budget, Ogden Chrome does an excellent job. They’re just north of you, they did my girlfriends father’s bumpers, they look better than new.

They did offer free shipping, I don’t know if they still do.

Thanks all for the help. I decided to search thru all my build receipts and found the shop that did my bumpers years ago. The company billed me under Coast to Coast, but the shop name was "The Bumper shop"
They are still in business in the Los Angeles area. I arranged for them to deliver a bumper for me at a local Phoenix Swap meet in November. They'll take my old bumper as a core.

Thanks all for the help. I decided to search thru all my build receipts and found the shop that did my bumpers years ago. The company billed me under Coast to Coast, but the shop name was "The Bumper shop"
They are still in business in the Los Angeles area. I arranged for them to deliver a bumper for me at a local Phoenix Swap meet in November. They'll take my old bumper as a core.
What are they charging if you have a core?

Cost $575 today. I paid $402 on september 2014.

Cost $575 today. I paid $402 on september 2014.
For a quality job from a california chrome shop, that's a really good price. Good luck! (Refering to all the EPA hoops the california chrome shops have to jump thru. Seems eight out of ten have closed, and the rest get big money.)

Hey - I'm pretty sure that was the shop that I was referring to. Just couldn't quite remember the name. That was generally around the time they did mine Give or take a year or so. Only rather than core mine I had them rechrome all those pieces and turned out great for a great price and customer service was top drawer. Curious - I thought Santa Fe Springs - was I correct or close?

Glad you found them!

Auto Transport Service
Back