• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buy property when there's blood in the streets.

SteveSS

Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
I swear, really swear I was looking for some cheap property in the Carpathian Mountains way far away from everyone. Romania or Ukraine.

The worse off the market is, the better the opportunities are to profit. That's seemingly the credo for contrarian investing. Baron Rothschild, an 18th-century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "the time to buy is when there's blood in the streets." He should know. Rothschild made a fortune buying in the panic that followed the Battle of Waterloo against Napoleon.

$56K USD.

56.jpg

Or a used Hellcat.

I swear, really swear I was looking for some cheap property in the Carpathian Mountains way far away from everyone. Romania or Ukraine.

The worse off the market is, the better the opportunities are to profit. That's seemingly the credo for contrarian investing. Baron Rothschild, an 18th-century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "the time to buy is when there's blood in the streets." He should know. Rothschild made a fortune buying in the panic that followed the Battle of Waterloo against Napoleon.

$56K USD.

View attachment 1247409

Or a used Hellcat.

Offer $20K... You'll likely own it.... Till you don't...

This is how I understand it. Foreigners can own property in Ukraine but you can't own a farm or something that makes money. Same in Russia but I don't know about the foreigners part. When the invasion started I heard they were giving out AK47s like candy to the citizens. Ukraine is a real exception in Europe on gun ownership. About 7% of the population owned guns before the war. After the Soviet Union fell Ukraine had lots and lots of weapons leftover from when they were part of the USSR. Ukraine was the hotspot for illegal weapon sales. They said the temptation was just too great to not turn these warehouses of weapons into cash. An AK was going for $250 now $350.

I have a friend who has some orphanages in the Ukraine.. ( a better man than I am) He purchased a small apartment to stay in while he was there and some buildings to update the places the kids he helps were staying in.... they were really cheap. Now they are piles of rubble.......

Last edited:
This is how I understand it. Foreigners can own property in Ukraine but you can't own a farm or something that makes money. Same in Russia but I don't know about the foreigners part. When the invasion started I heard they were giving out AK47s like candy to the citizens. Ukraine is a real exception in Europe on gun ownership. About 7% of the population owned guns before the war. After the Soviet Union fell Ukraine had lots and lots of weapons leftover from when they were part of the USSR. Ukraine was the hotspot for illegal weapon sales. They said the temptation was just too great to not turn these warehouses of weapons into cash. An AK was going for $250 now $350.
I looked into what it took to move to some of the European countries... Poland was one of them.. Any country that guards their borders from invaders is OK in my book..... One requirement was learning THEIR language and you are tested after ONE year. You can be deported if you fail..... No DMV tests in 63 languages and no broadcasts in Spanish there....

...but maybe in Russian?

seriously? If you have extra money, send it over to Ukraine to help those people. They need our help not vultures.

Not for me. I have no desire to ever leave the USA, not even for a vacation. It will take the rest of my life to see all there is to see around here and I'm sure I still won't see it all. That's just me

seriously? If you have extra money, send it over to Ukraine to help those people. They need our help not vultures.
As long as it gets to the people who need it... 90% + of all charities are scams

Not for me. I have no desire to ever leave the USA, not even for a vacation. It will take the rest of my life to see all there is to see around here and I'm sure I still won't see it all. That's just me
When it soon becomes press 2 for englees, I am gone.....

You can find prices like that in upstate NY like in ADK park. I have been tempted many times when I look at Texas land costs now, but holding off. I like vacationing overseas but not really to buy property, but that land looks good, looks like Slovakia? I would stay in a NATO country, even Moldova is getting carved up by Putin with "separatists" I had no idea. What an asshole.

Auto Transport Service
Back