• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulator Return Line, and entry back into the tank

not the same sending unit, on a 68-70 RR, GTX, Satty, Belve., but a photo of the extra line/fitting going back into the fuel tank, via the sending unit fitting bungs/nipples...

If you plan to use that vent line on the sending unit I would make sure it does not go over to the filler neck. It looks to me like that line goes about an inch or two into the tank and then bends 90 degrees which makes me think it may be the vent to the filler neck ? Once fuel covers it the filler neck wont vent anymore and the pressure will kick the fuel nozzle off at the pump. I may be wrong but I would check it to be sure. Ron

If you plan to use that vent line on the sending unit I would make sure it does not go over to the filler neck. It looks to me like that line goes about an inch or two into the tank and then bends 90 degrees which makes me think it may be the vent to the filler neck ? Once fuel covers it the filler neck wont vent anymore and the pressure will kick the fuel nozzle off at the pump. I may be wrong but I would check it to be sure. Ron

the line/nipple I'm talking about, is from the evap canister return fuel vapor line, from the fuel pump, OE equipment, the tank has other VENT's for the filler neck & fuel tank {that photo was an example of a sending unit, not the actual sending unit for a 68-69 B-Body, I didn't have one, just was using for an example of the extra nipple for the return line}... maybe calling it a vent line was the wrong terminology...

- - - Updated - - -

not the same sending unit, on a 68-70 RR, GTX, Satty, Belve., but a photo of the extra line/fitting going back into the fuel tank, via the sending unit fitting bungs/nipples...

not the same sending unit, on a 68-70 GTX Satty Belve.

Return line should be 1 size larger than supply line ( coming from the pump). If the pump line is a -8, return line should be a -10. It should dump in to the top of the tank. It is imperative that the return line has no back pressure.

the line/nipple I'm talking about, is from the evap canister return fuel vapor line, from the fuel pump, OE equipment, the tank has other VENT's for the filler neck & fuel tank {that photo was an example of a sending unit, not the actual sending unit for a 68-69 B-Body, I didn't have one, just was using for an example of the extra nipple for the return line}... maybe calling it a vent line was the wrong terminology...

- - - Updated - - -

not the same sending unit, on a 68-70 GTX Satty Belve.

Oh I thought the one in the pic was the one he was using. That vent kinda looks like a filler neck vent so I was hoping it wasn't but sounds like he will be good. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back