• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable X Speedo Conversion Box

HYRDGOON

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Thought this might be the best section to ask and see if anyone has any real world experience with this box. Going to be running a Viper T56 in my 69RR and maintaining the stock speedo so need to convert from electronic to mechanical.

These are the 2 options (Thanks to 747Mopar for his help on this already) I'm leaning towards the Cable X for the simple reason it can be calibrated with the dipswitches.

Any thoughts or suggestions or anyone else that's retained their mechanical speedo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-X-301...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d2cfdf101&vxp=mtr

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/electronic-to-mechanical-speedometer-box/

I like the idea of that Dakota Digital one! a little more compact and water/weatherproof enclosure is a lot smarter.

I have a new problem though. It looks like with the T56 I have that year Viper likely had the VSS on the diff so there's no connection point for the VSS pigtail on the tranny.

I may be getting ridiculous now but I'm wondering if there would be a way to make the Classic Industries "Sky Drive" GPS sending unit work with a conversion box...

I was wondering the same thing, they both should send the same signal....right?

I was wondering the same thing, they both should send the same signal....right?

Same signal but I guess the conversion box would have to have some sort of receiver? I guess I need to understand how the SkyDrive box works a bit better first

So the guage obviously needs a receiver with the instrumentation for the SkyDrive to work. We tried to see if they'll sell a universal instrumentation but that didn't fly.

Now on to seeing if I could find a GPS Speedometer that is sold that the instrumentation could be gutted and retrofitted into my stock. It's these damn 90 degree sweep guages life would be a lot easier if I had a rallye cluster!

Last edited:
it works, doesnt work below 10mph for me and cable has to be as straight as possible for low mph accuracy.

Auto Transport Service
Back