• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calif Hot Rod Reunion, Famoso dragstrip Oct. 22-23-24, Bakersfield CA

Unfortunately I'll be missing a lot of shows out of principle. Can't, in good conscience, spend money and support taxes in states who have mandates. I hope it's a great get together for those that do go.

These Events may be on "Borrowed Time". I am personally trying to make as many of them, as possible. This one is just a Bit To Far Away...

Same weekend as the big Fall Fling, and a very cool Warbird reunion/car show which I will be attending because it's only about 25 min away and have too much going on. Too bad everything's on the same day! The nostalgia meets at Famoso are always a great time...

Unfortunately I'll be missing a lot of shows out of principle. Can't, in good conscience, spend money and support taxes in states who have mandates. I hope it's a great get together for those that do go.

You're only hurting the owners. The track won't get your $15 ticket, the state will miss out on about $.60, they won't even know you didn't go.

Same weekend as the big Fall Fling, and a very cool Warbird reunion/car show which I will be attending because it's only about 25 min away and have too much going on. Too bad everything's on the same day! The nostalgia meets at Famoso are always a great time...

The Hot rod reunion has always been a "big deal" for nostalgia drag racing types

Usually hit the HRR on Friday then fall fling on Saturday, always fun. In 2019 it really worked out, The Who at the Hollywood Bowl on Thursday plus the HRR on Friday and Fall Fling Saturday and then Supercar Sunday

You're only hurting the owners. The track won't get your $15 ticket, the state will miss out on about $.60, they won't even know you didn't go.

You're correct on that. I don't do it to hurt anyone. I just have certain principles I have to live by.

I’ve gone to the CHRR twice, and it was agreat time. Hope to go again soon because as was said, it won’t last forever.

Where can we find more info on the warbird reunion?

Thanks

If you get to talk with Adam Sorokin, tell him hello for me Mark! Have a great time and be safe out there! That's another one of those "I wish I could go" events that never seems to work out.

Okay, I will "look him up" for you Cuda' Chick!!
Is he still with the Surfers Top fuel team?
I'm pretty certain...
Will do Cuda' Chick

Yes he is as far as I know. It's been a couple years since we talked. "Some day" he'll be sending his dad's scoop for a resto.

Don't all states have mandates?
Hell, I get mandates in my own house.

Auto Transport Service
Back