• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling all 1970 Sport Satellite’s How many of us here?

Came that way have the build sheet
I have a 70 sport satellite, 318 2bbl auto, 8.75 rearend. I bought it in pieces with eng and trans still in it but taken apart. AC vinyl top, greenish gold color car. Don't have much else to go on as the fender tag is missing. Will be looking for parts if I ever get the title. Only got a bill of sale with the car.

I have a 70 sport satellite, 318 2bbl auto, 8.75 rearend. I bought it in pieces with eng and trans still in it but taken apart. AC vinyl top, greenish gold color car. Don't have much else to go on as the fender tag is missing. Will be looking for parts if I ever get the title. Only got a bill of sale with the car.
8-3/4 nice! Does the car have front disc brakes?

Had one around 1990, B5, 318 auto, was sprayed plum crazy purple, quarters were very rough, couldn't locate a replacements so it was sold. A car I still miss.

I have one here in one of my shops but it is not mine, 383 AT gator grain car, now has a 440 and 5 spd in it.

IMG_2169.JPG

A lady up here in Ontario has a 1970 Sport Satellite 4-door sedan. It has factory bucket seats and console and 383 2-barrel with 727.

May I ask what the differences were between the Satellite and Sport Satellite? I have a 1970 Satellite that I'm putting a 440 in this summer. I have no interest in cloning a GTX or Road Runner. I'm just curious if the biggest engine in the Sport model was also the 383 two barrel. Appreciate the info.
Sorry to revive this but I see I never responded to you Mark. Thanks k I am no expert but my Sport Satellite came with …bucket seats, all the same exterior and interior trim as the GTX including grill and tail lights. Can’t tell the difference. But they put a 318 and a peg leg 8-1/4 rear in it and I don’t really know why. If I was in charge of that I would had them put in the 340! Soooo this is what I did with my car. I don’t know what other big blocks were put in these other than the 383.

A lady up here in Ontario has a 1970 Sport Satellite 4-door sedan. It has factory bucket seats and console and 383 2-barrel with 727.

I remember a 4 door in a town close to me. It was always in a driveway, so I never saw the interior. A 1970... I remember it had the “GTX/Road Runner taillights, but silver argent instead of black. I bet they are rare.

I remember a 4 door in a town close to me. It was always in a driveway, so I never saw the interior. A 1970... I remember it had the “GTX/Road Runner taillights, but silver argent instead of black. I bet they are rare.
Sport Satellite’s do seem rare. Thats why I was wondering who has them here. I am working on some custom graphics for my concept of the sport satty…

I had one, but it was long ago. It was worn out and I bought it for parts for my road runner. Originally gold with orange interior - bucket seats, no console, column shift. It had a 318 and slipping 904, never looked at the rear end. Quarters were rusted and it had a 1969 front clip (hood, fenders, bumper and grill) with non matching paint.

However, I drove it home for $150 (it was advertised for $225) and I got the seats, a good trunk lid, power windows, rear window defroster, tail lights with inside plastic protectors and lots of chrome and stainless trim out of it. It was an August 1969 car; the trunk lid had no stamped openings for a rear spoiler.

I think the majority of them have all been clones into Road Runners and GTX's over the years.

Mine was originally a regular Satellite and not a Sport Satellite...

318-904-8 1/4

It's now a 383-727-8 3/4 with a trans and rear from a 68 Charger and a 1970 date code 383...

The trunk lid already had the correct cutouts for the go wing...

The car I have came with the bulge hood as the previous owner must have had a Road Runner also at some point since the grill and RR tail lights were in the trunk...

It's a driver...

Before 1.JPG Before 10.JPG 4 Carlisle 2013.jpg 2015 Rod Run.jpg

Mine was originally a regular Satellite and not a Sport Satellite...

318-904-8 1/4

It's now a 383-727-8 3/4 with a trans and rear from a 68 Charger and a 1970 date code 383...

The trunk lid already had the correct cutouts for the go wing...

The car I have came with the bulge hood as the previous owner must have had a Road Runner also at some point since the grill and RR tail lights were in the trunk...

It's a driver...

View attachment 1261907 View attachment 1261909 View attachment 1261912 View attachment 1261913
Yeah your car is nice I've seen it around I'm from Romney wv, and Gary Miller has my 70 rr right now in his paint shop

May I ask what the differences were between the Satellite and Sport Satellite? I have a 1970 Satellite that I'm putting a 440 in this summer. I have no interest in cloning a GTX or Road Runner. I'm just curious if the biggest engine in the Sport model was also the 383 two barrel. Appreciate the info.
N code 70 Satellites had the Roadrunner 383 4 barrel 335 hp. That's what my car had. Also it was equipped with power windows and an am 8-track, an rear defrost. It had 8 &
3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gears too.

164222946_10229270381406907_8561153465149585976_o.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back