• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling all Rosco's...74-78 Cop cars

Just finished my Plymouth Fury LASD project. E58
e0d6bac5-86b9-472f-b4ad-d2fa2fd7201d.jpg
[/URL]

Hi Michi, a fine looking Sheriff car, looks ready to cruise the strip. And I know you've been on here before, but a belated welcome anyway!

My Rosco

The build went well. Rosco is very fast. Has 290 gears. Top end on paper @6500 rpm is over 150 mph. The car will fall apart first. May do some lower gears over the winter. Engine dyno'd at 427 hp at 6300 rpm. Forgot what the torque was.

IMG_20150921_164040816.jpg

Hope its ok to resurrect this old thread. This is my first post here and very glad to find you guys. I just purchased a 78 CHP 440 Monaco, attached is a pic of it in my driveway on Day 1. It's a really nice solid CA car that of course needs paint. It has been neglected and left out in the sun for a few years and I plan on restoring it. Interior is pretty sweet actually. Still fitted out in all its police glory. Thing is this is my first Mopar so I have a ton of questions. I haven't turned a wrench in over 20 years do to injuries but I have improved enough that I can do little stuff if I am careful. Who are some of the best places to get parts for it online? What manuals do you recommend for repairs etc? I need to get the highbeams working, wipers (motor runs but wipers aren't), find all new weatherstriping, a few trim pieces, I'd like to get a new trunk lid as the former owner popped the lock out and buggered that up in the process
IMG_9805_zps7haoqjrx.jpg
and thats it for now off the top of my head. My goal this year is to clean it up, get it running perfectly (runs good now), tighten up the suspension with all poly bushings as I hear and read that is the way to go. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and glad to find you guys! Billy

Hi Billy, welcome! :welcome: There's actually a welcome wagon thread where you'll have a better chance of letting people see you here.
Nice car, looks pretty solid, a good find!

The hi beams problem is probably the dimmer switch and the bushings in the wiper linkage need replaced pretty common problem .

Thank you! Working on the passenger door that won't latch tonight. Can't drive it around till I get that sorted out. Appreciate any and all advice!

The hi beams problem is probably the dimmer switch and the bushings in the wiper linkage need replaced pretty common problem .

Will give it a shot, I can't figure out why its not latching. Everything in there is under tension....will try the penetrating oil. Thanks

Need to ask all of you with a police special for some help. I have a 78 Fury police car. It was optioned out with the a38 package from what I can tell. I’m trying to get replacement bushings for the sway bar and struts. They don’t seem to be the same as a standard 78 Fury. What did you use? Thanks for any help.

Auto Transport Service
Back