• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling it a Day Retirement

Congrats. Glad I’m not the only one. I retired, ‘officially’, yesterday. What the hell do I do now?

Congrats on the retirement enjoy it while you're able.

I'll probably wake up as normal @4:30am for awhile.
I had been working evenings for a lot of years but worked days my last year out there and didn't have any trouble not waking up at 4:30! Never was an early riser and days sucked lol. Thing is, I had dreams of the place but that all stopped......after a few years.

Congrats. Glad I’m not the only one. I retired, ‘officially’, yesterday. What the hell do I do now?
You didn't do anything else besides going to work? I stay way too busy and still don't get much done but that's mostly because doing my own grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning (sometimes) the house takes up way too much time.

Congrats. I have been retired 10 years ago at 55.
Going on 16 years and retired at 55 too.....

Congrats on your retirement. Thank you for your service!

I had been working evenings for a lot of years but worked days my last year out there and didn't have any trouble not waking up at 4:30! Never was an early riser and days sucked lol. Thing is, I had dreams of the place but that all stopped......after a few years.

You didn't do anything else besides going to work? I stay way too busy and still don't get much done but that's mostly because doing my own grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning (sometimes) the house takes up way too much time.

Going on 16 years and retired at 55 too.....

Did midnights on The PD for 21 year, 11pm to 8am then 8pm to 5:30am.

Thanks for your service and congrats. I turn 63 in March and retirement looking better and better. If they piss me off one more time… Enjoy your. Ew found time!

I truly admire all you guys that did it, or about to.
I was 64 last November and still haven’t a single clue why I’m afraid to retire, part is I still love working I guess.
(Probably need counseling)
Congrats to all of you!

Congratulations, I retired about 3 months ago at 62 9 months, still adjusting, did the same job for 38 years, kind of hard to just turn it off, but I still highly recommend it.

Congratulations Pops! I went to part time 10 years ago at 55. I make more than double per year that I ever did full time now. I may never fully retire, but my work load will decrease every year as I raise my rates and lose clients (attorneys). Forensic engineering is my game.

Way to go, Pops! More nudie pix ??

On a serious note......
I've said for years that I'm going to retire once I reach my 30 number. I did take a year off at that point. ONE thing that was clear, I NEED to work on SELF motivation to get up and do things each day. The routine of a regular job gets you going each day but when the schedule is entirely up to me, I tend to be lazy and just want to lay around. I have to smack myself out of that!

Way to go, Pops! More nudie pix ??

On a serious note......
I've said for years that I'm going to retire once I reach my 30 number. I did take a year off at that point. ONE thing that was clear, I NEED to work on SELF motivation to get up and do things each day. The routine of a regular job gets you going each day but when the schedule is entirely up to me, I tend to be lazy and just want to lay around. I have to smack myself out of that!
get a recording, and a picture of R. Lee Ermy(spelling?) from "Full Metal Jacket" that will inspire you :)

I truly admire all you guys that did it, or about to.
I was 64 last November and still haven’t a single clue why I’m afraid to retire, part is I still love working I guess.
(Probably need counseling)
Congrats to all of you!
if you love what you do, then it's not really work.

Hahahaha, meet the new boss, same as the old boss, looks like nyc got fooled again. Apologies to "The Who"
I retired in June. Left LINY promptly. In 4 months time, I relocated to Florida. Like Pops, I worked the grave hard shift, 12:30-8:30 am for almost a straight 30 years out of my 33. My sleep patterns were so messed up then it continues as a semi nightmare.

However! Knowing I left that idiotic minded state behind, I’m much more relaxed and not half way to a depression with winter knocking on the door, morons and wacko government leaders rivaling the old mega corruption days.

Do some political homework on who’s who around that zoo! You’ll loose your mind and wonder how the heck they got into office. And who they hired on top of that!
The devil resides in New York with a smile. They call it normal.

For me, New York was good until it wasn’t.

The power of working & A reflection on retirement. I have worked long hours in all my previous professions, which has brought great enjoyment. And of late I have seen way too many friends, co workers pass on without the joys of retirement. My concerns of course are to be financially stable, Happy & not Bored in retirement.

Auto Transport Service
Back