• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB cam bolt washer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewtot184

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
anybody have any of the special big block single bolt factory cam bolt washers? i need a good one or two.

$3 at Mancini racing....I just bought one the other day...

$3 at Mancini racing....I just bought one the other day...
i seen that and they look like what hughs advertises. my question would be; are they identical to factory?

not sure...I lost mine so I had no choice.

Did you get one yet? I've made a few out of 17-4 several years ago but would have to look to see if I still have any....

Did you get one yet? I've made a few out of 17-4 several years ago but would have to look to see if I still have any....
didn't get one. i know that washer is unique. i went ahead and put the timing stuff back together and buttoned it up using stuff i had laying around. a little trail and error, maybe not perfect, but it's a stock cam replacement scenario. i would be interested in how you made one.

didn't get one. i know that washer is unique. i went ahead and put the timing stuff back together and buttoned it up using stuff i had laying around. a little trail and error, maybe not perfect, but it's a stock cam replacement scenario. i would be interested in how you made one.
Made them on a lathe. Just copied the original but made them about .020 thicker since the 17-4 is a bit flexible but didn't notice any when I used them. I'm a retired journeyman machinist but still have a small shop....

Made them on a lathe. Just copied the original but made them about .020 thicker since the 17-4 is a bit flexible but didn't notice any when I used them. I'm a retired journeyman machinist but still have a small shop....
sounds cool! i'm a retired sheet metal worker. sure do miss doing my "G" jobs.

Sorry, almost forgot to post a pic.

image.jpg

Let Lew get it....Can't remember if the stock ones had a shallow relief on the sprocket side but that's the way I made them. Made several years back but think I used them all up because there sure aren't any around here anymore.

Lew, let me know if you still want this. If not, no worries. I still do not see a "start conversation' on your profile.
thanks for getting back. i got my stuff running so don't need it it now. thanks again!

We have made the SB washer to eliminate the fuel pump drive when using an electric pump.It also allows the water pump to be moved back one inch for use of an electric fan on the rad. with electric water pump. They also have the program for the cover. The relief had to be perfect and the key cut in. We made several when the lathe was set up. I may have some here yet. I am not sure of the measurement of a BB but I am sure I can have my son make any dimension you all may need for custom gears and cam drives. Just a thought for some looking.

My son does custom HP motors for a living and fixes or makes anything. He spray welds also to fix any broken ,cracked or chipped out. Manifolds,blocks or Heads. he also straightens heads when they cannot be cut due to over head cams. HTA machine "High Tech Automotive" check him out on social media

DSCN1674.jpg Steve 107.JPG Steve 100.JPG spoiler pics 663.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back