• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam Dynamics Small Block Cam Question

Jesse Hunt

Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience running this Cam Dynamics small block cam? Or perhaps have any videos of it running?

Planning on using it in our 390 stroker build. Seems like a fairly nasty cam and was wondering what it would sound like or how it could perform. Will be running a manual transmission.

IMG_7679.jpeg

Last edited:
It would be nasty. Something like a .590 chrysler.
Forget about street manners, hang on after 5 grand

No experience with that particular cam - I haven't seen cams from Cam Dynamics for years.
As the others have mentioned with a lobe separation angle of 106 I believe it would most likely not be a street driveable camshaft.
You didn't mention what you want to do with the engine - racing engine yep use it.

Good thing it's going in a four speed car. Lots of gear? (I would think 3.91, minimum)
With an auto, it would need a 5000 converter
My guess?...... 1200 rpm idle, 6-8 degrees idle vacuum. Nice cam for a light bracket car. Not a great street car cam.
(Cam Dynamics seemed to like tight LSA. I have a CD small block roller, ground on a 104 lsa)

Auto Transport Service
Back