• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camping trailer, motorhome

Owned everything from a tent, to two teardrop trailers, a Shasta "canned ham", and five Class C motorhomes. Honestly, the most fun my wife and I have had camping, is with my first teardrop that I owned in 1986. Pulled that with my '66 Coronet. Just us two, we went to several state parks with that and had a great time!

The canned ham was a 1955 model, inherited from my older brother, who died almost three years ago. Pulled it back from CO to OK without any issues. My heart just wasn't in restoring that trailer. I'd get pretty emotional whenever I went to work on. Sold that to a couple in western OK, who proceeded to take that and their two dogs on a 5K-mile road trip through AZ, CA, Baja, back up the coast to Vancouver, BC; then back through Yellowstone and then home to OK. The sent me about 50 pics of their journey. I was so happy to see their enjoyment of that rig, as that is precisely what my brother had intended to do.

I'm building a '69 Dodge D300 flatbed, and intend to install a 4BT Cummins with later 5-speed trans. Then, it's on to an 18' single-axle TT. Something light enough to pull without drama, and big enough to be comfy. We were considering a friend's Blue Bird MH recently, but it hasn't been on the road regularly for nearly a decade, and it's at that stage where a guy would have to put a minimum of $30K additional in it to make it dependable and usable.

One of these days, perhaps the leadership of that country North of us will get its head out of its *** and allow Americans back in. Banff National Park is on my must-see list. I'd like to actually see the park, and not just in pictures.

I have both ends of the spectrum A teardrop trailer that is lifted for my Jeep to tow
and a Renegade 1816MG motorhome with 16 ft garage that I drive my Jeep into
plus small and large tents
It is only money and you need to enjoy

I don't have any experience with either but do have a lot of experience with traveling the nation. Back in those days we'd load up in the Dodge Maxi van, dad would leave the front bench in then had a platform at the height of the bench that allowed for luggage underneath and sleeping on top. We traveled from Ohio to the Pacific shore hitting every national park in between so these were 3 week minimum trips.. I would have lost my mind was there not freedom to move around!

Now I have my own family, everyone has to be buckled in.. sitting in your seat for hours on end which is misery in itself... Buy the motorhome! To me if money isn't an issue it's a no brainer, it buys you flexibility and comfort even while your on the road and need it most plus no looking for rest stops.

f53599f8feffed830a54986bde150985.gif

talladegaorbust2019-921-jpg.jpg

That is an overlander for sure but no garage for my jeep

@Pops1967GTX : does that 26' 440, thermoquad 4barrel Winni have green or orange shag carpet?? :rofl: Parents had 1976 26' Brave just like that, literally scared the crap out of an Amish horse in Lancaster PA.

Auto Transport Service
Back