• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camshaft identification help

chad

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a short block from a buddy. It was built a long time ago and was never run. It has a roller shaft in it with the numbers 689356 on the back of it ..I took a pic of the scribed numbers on the front. Does anyone have any idea what it is the numbers on the front are ? 308R10 and FA4655 it looks like C C at the top
20191113_194436.jpg

I am going to assume the CC is comp cams but the 308R10 comes up as a small block ford solid roller... kinda stumped.

this is just a guess from looking at other cams, 308 adv dur, R for roller , 10 for 110 lobe sep, fa 4655 is the master lobe no. I looked at comp cams master lobe list and cant find it. so it's probably a really old cam, as long as it's in the block put a lifter on it and check the lift. i might be way off tho.

As mentioned, the 689356 on the back just means whoever ground it ? just bought a CRANE Cams Billet ? because as far as I remember the 689356 was the CRANE Billet # for their 3-Bolt Chrysler Core.... and lots of Cam Company's at one time used to buy the Billets from Crane including Comp Cams ?

308R is "who knows" 308 advertised duration Roller, and FA4655 is either "whomever" again's Master Lobe Number ? or the actual Lobe Lift is .4655" meaning .698" Valve Lift using 1.5 Ratio Rocker Arm.

Even quickly..... just measure a Lobe with a Vernier caliper.... subtract the base diameter from peak and see what you get ? .4655" ?

Auto Transport Service
Back