• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cannabis and your heart

Nd9GcT7TzESavaPNG0o78sNTcZzC_rT_zIZLo1YtQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

I totally misread the title of this. Thought it said "cannibals and your heart."

I'm really not a big fan of gummies because I find it hard to control the dosage. Once you eat it you have to plan ahead to not have anything important to do for a few hours. I prefer the old fashioned way with a few hits at a time to relax and ease my aches and pains from being a flat rate tech in my 60's.
It does lower my heart rate as I have checked it before and after I medicate.
My mother in law is a cancer survivor who used oils to ease her pains and side effects of chemo. She credits her survival to the use of cannabis as part of her treatments.
I am so glad it will be legal to cultivate in Ohio next month.

Gus

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t care one way or the other on benefits of marijuana. But I think its chicken **** to call it medical marijuana. Its no more medical than my beer or whiskey.

I don’t care one way or the other on benefits of marijuana. But I think its chicken **** to call it medical marijuana. Its no more medical than my beer or whiskey.
Beer and whiskey have no medicinal value but cannabis is prescribed by a doctor. When is the last time your doctor told you to drink more liquor ?

Gus

Beer and whiskey have no medicinal value but cannabis is prescribed by a doctor. When is the last time your doctor told you to drink more liquor ?

Gus
Never. Nor has he prescribed cannabis. That takes a special 'doctor'. Plus he can read your tea leaves. Pay attention to your own mind and body and you'll know what makes you feel better and worse. Then, if necessary, find the doc that gives you what you want. Your body, your call. Period.

One of our guys has suffered so badly for years with chronic coughing and breathing issues that I felt he would need to stop working and go out on disability, something neither of us wanted. It was constant, at times having to end conversations or phone calls. He had doctors at NYU med center and Columbia Presbyterian testing him for everything and prescribing all manner of meds, including steroids, with no long term relief. All would appear to begin working but after a short while the terrible coughing and wheezing resumed.
Appx 18 months ago someone in his circle suggested CBD gummies. I told him he was crazy if he thought it would work, as did all of his doctors. He began eating the gummies and within HOURS he began to experience relief. He hasn't been on a prescribed med for over one year with what seems to me a 100% improvement in his condition. It took a few months and many consultations but every single physician he has seen at both institutions, while having no real explanation for the turnaround, is on board with him continuing the gummies. An added benefit for me as his employer is a much less "foggy" employee from all the prescribed meds.
I can only speak of this one situation and by no means am I an authority on this but I am convinced they work for him. He has experimented by stopping the gummies and within a day or two the coughing resumes.

F569, thats a very interesting story. Im happy that some people find relief from what ales them using. Im not opposed to marijuana use, anymore than alcohol. People find relief in alcohol as well. Thats call a spade a spade its 99% recreational, to hide it as medical is b.s.
You all have a happy Thanksgiving!

F569, thats a very interesting story. Im happy that some people find relief from what ales them using. Im not opposed to marijuana use, anymore than alcohol. People find relief in alcohol as well. Thats call a spade a spade its 99% recreational, to hide it as medical is b.s.
You all have a happy Thanksgiving!
Just to be clear, although CBD comes from hemp or cannabis, you don’t really get high from it since there is no THC.

In other words CBD is different than marijuana.

I don't disagree that at this point marijuana use is still "mostly" recreational. I'm not sure I agree 99%, but that's just splitting hairs. My opinion is that because until recently the widespread use of marijuana has been mainly taboo, the benefits of the substance in other than its smokeable form are not widely recognized.
Like I said, I'm no expert but I see with my own eyes, every day, how my friend is being helped medically with his debilitating condition. THC vs CBD is a big difference.
PS. @padam you beat me to it!

No dispute on the cbd and thc part. I may have a heightened sense of awareness due to the over abundence of pot stores in OK. They went about it all wrong here.

If Cannabis helps, and you can manage it - it's a safe substance, use it if you like.
Especially when MDs are prescribing way too many "pain pills" and fentanyl creeps it's way into everything.
I would caution against "street weed" JMO.

No dispute on the cbd and thc part. I may have a heightened sense of awareness due to the over abundence of pot stores in OK. They went about it all wrong here
Legal or not it has always been easy and cheaper to get weed from friends. The CDB oil and the is the stuff you need to buy in the stores. I still don't understand the "chicken ****" comment though. You don't know me and I really don't know you but if you are REALLY into the whiskey I have a few bottles of 15 year Jameson Reserve I could send you one for your pain.

Gus

Here in Ok they hide recreational pot behind medical marijuana. Theres is more weed stores in OK than Walmarts and Dollar Generals. I think it was chicken **** to hide it behind it being medical. Dont get me wrong I have no problem with someone using CBD, THC whatever. Im just saying its never been proven to be any more medicinal than alcohol.

Dont get me wrong I have no problem with someone using CBD, THC whatever. Im just saying its never been proven to be any more medicinal than alcohol.
Never say never. Oregon (and maybe some other states-I don't follow this closely) recently approved psilocybin mushrooms for medicinal use. When I was a youngster I'd pick them out of cow **** and end up on Jupiter or Mars.

I also paid my rent for a couple months in the fall by selling them. I was a true entremanure.

Here in Ok they hide recreational pot behind medical marijuana. Theres is more weed stores in OK than Walmarts and Dollar Generals. I think it was chicken **** to hide it behind it being medical. Dont get me wrong I have no problem with someone using CBD, THC whatever. Im just saying its never been proven to be any more medicinal than alcohol.
I am an open-minded person grew up in the 60's lots of marijuana around. Don't get me wrong I have had friends that drank themselves to death, and I have friends that fried their brains on dope as well. Both can be abused with bad consequences.
My main issue with legal marijuana is that many vocations still require a drug test to keep a job, and marijuana stays in your system a lot longer than alcohol. So, unless they change some laws or come up with some new tests you are creating a new class of people who cannot hold a job anymore. I used to teach at a technical college, and 90% of the degrees we taught required a drug test to get a job. I saw firsthand several really good kids that got turned down for a job because of a bad drug test. Really bad after they just spent a lot of money getting an education.

Never say never. Oregon (and maybe some other states-I don't follow this closely) recently approved psilocybin mushrooms for medicinal use. When I was a youngster I'd pick them out of cow **** and end up on Jupiter or Mars.

I also paid my rent for a couple months in the fall by selling them. I was a true entremanure.
:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: never liked schooms. They made my insides go numb.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back