• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Oct

Capital City Mopar Autumn Classic Sacramento Ca. Oct 1, 2022

tparkerb

Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder that the Capitol City Mopars is holding our annual car show at the Carmichael Elks lodge just outside of Sacramento California on Oct 1st. We had a great turn out of B bodies last year and would love some more. We are working on lining up some winged ones. Would love to have more if anyone is willing to come and display one.

I don't know why this club doesn't just move its main event to this date? They always seem to have it on the hottest fuckin weekend of the year, then everybody ******* about it!!!

It is on that date. We've moved it to later in the year the last two years. Hopefully it will be cooler, but it's hard to predict the weather in advance. Hope to see you there and the weather is more comfortable.

I don't know why this club doesn't just move its main event to this date? They always seem to have it on the hottest fuckin weekend of the year, then everybody ******* about it!!!
We intentionally set the date after consulting a group of psychics and meteorologists, looking for the hottest day of the year just to keep the riff-raff out.

1 laugh 6.jpg

Late June used to be our usual show time, It is not the hottest weekend of the year by any stretch. It was 116 2 weeks ago. It has never been that hot on show day. We switched dates when we switched venues.
People that take no active roles in setting up a show are clearly uninformed as to what the process is and how many obstacles there are to making it all come together. We don't have the luxury of being choosy on the dates an more than we can control the weather.

We intentionally set the date after consulting a group of psychics and meteorologists, looking for the hottest day of the year just to keep the riff-raff out.

View attachment 1345673

Late June used to be our usual show time, It is not the hottest weekend of the year by any stretch. It was 116 2 weeks ago. It has never been that hot on show day. We switched dates when we switched venues.
People that take no active roles in setting up a show are clearly uninformed as to what the process is and how many obstacles there are to making it all come together. We don't have the luxury of being choosy on the dates an more than we can control the weather.
Aught to move the show out to Granite Bay, it's allot nicer area & possibly cooler...

It is just as hot here as in Sacramento.

It is just as hot here as in Sacramento.
Ahhhhh...But it is a much more expensive hot!

Hot????? As a recent transplant (refugee?) to Oklahoma I can tell you hot! At the MoPar show at the drag strip outside Norman the heat index was about 112++ in the shade. And about as much shade as at Sac Raceway!

I just happen to be visitin' kinfolk in Paradise, see you at the Mopar show in Carmichael!

Ill be there. The elks lodge is conveniently 5 mintues away from my house. Ill be the guy with the 72 newport for sale in the car corral if anybody wants to say hello.

20220706_192807.jpg

Did that Newport sell? You seemed to disappear quickly.
The weather was great. Slight breeze and it topped out below 90 degrees. The turnout was a mixed bag. Swap meet was better than last year but the show car count was way down. For many years, we were seeing a shift in the show cars with the later model Challenger-Charger-300-Magnums in increasing numbers while the classics were fewer. This year, the late model car count was way down.
There could be many reasons for it. It could be because there are several events all packed into the end of the season.
San Joaquin Valley Mopars had their annual show last week. The Mopar Shootout show at Sacramento Raceway was last week too.
Our classic car turnout was down a bit too. The venue we use is about half asphalt and half grass. Some prefer the all grass venue we had at Hagen Park. I do too but the governing board at the park has made it a difficult proposition there. They tried to put the screws to us for a huge chunk of our proceeds from the show. This would have led to the demise of the club since the shows provide the money for everything the club does for charities and our own club functions.
The Elks Lodge is still a great venue. There is plenty of space if the car count increases. Last year we had 30-40 more cars and still had room for more.
We moved the swap meet south in the lot to make room for late model cars that didn't show. We do have room to grow.

AS always, there were a few hiccups throughout the show that the staff worked on to smooth out as quickly as possible. We are human and we ALL are volunteers. Nobody from the club gets paid to be there. This is probably the same with other small shows so please remember this when complaining about something. We do this once a year and often have turnover in members. This means that new members are doing things for the first time.
I've heard complaints over the years regarding car shows about how a car wasn't properly judged, how it took too long to get through a line, how there either wasn't enough shade or that the field was too dusty.
Some people just live to complain. If these people aren't bitching about something, they are completely lost.

As a member of the club, I can only relay what complaints I hear and let the club officers take it from there.

I thought it was great!

Now.........how to get all the 'stuff' I bought back to Tulsa.....

No didnt sell yet. I had some things to take care of this weekend but didnt want to miss it so I got there when it opened stayed till about 10:30. I did get to see my favorite car of all time. A 57 chrysler 300, what a gorgeous car.

20221001_084750.jpg

20221001_084812.jpg

20221001_084903.jpg

20221001_084854.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back