• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Show

steve from staten island

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
I went to a local car show sponsored by a Antique car club. It was a large organized event. It had a nice amount of cars. My buddy was there with his car and parked on either side was two of his friends with there cars. I met so many guys i know and the time flew by
There was this Puerto Rican guy there middle aged who had this mid nineties Honda Accord . It was a low mileage car and it was all done up the way these guys do these foreign cars. All four doors opened that gull wing style, it had the big speaker sound think. It was a low ryder with the chrome wheels. Nobody here would have liked it and honestly it looked out of place at this event. The thing was the workmanship was impeccable. It had a two toned custom interior including the dash that had to be done by a real craftsman. I mean it was unbelievable
Under the hood, the guy should have won best engine bay. It had all these custom hoses, chrome everywhere and perfect body color paint. Again not my thing but high workmanship. The best part is that he had the car running form the time he got there till he left. The car ran like a small electric motor, You could not tell it was running unless you noticed the belts moving. It was like a sewing machine. No movement nothing.
On the hood was a airbrushed mural that had to be done by a artist, it was perfect as well as the paint itself
I talked to the guy and complimented his car and he was very appreciative of that.
You dont have to like something to appreciate the time and talent that goes into it
There was a few nice B models. There was a old Willys pickup there in pristine condition that i fell in love with. I had one once a long time ago. I had a nice day for a few hours

Goes along the lines of “it’s not what you have, it’s what you do with what you have”

That’s cool that you reached out Steve.

Cars are great equalizers. I don't mean we all like the same car but we all love cars and respect others that do. I remember one time I was at Bloomington Gold, the big annual Corvette event. We were crowded around looking at something and I stepped back hard, right on some guy's foot. BIg scary looking black dude. I though oh boy, here we go! He was so nice as I apologized. It's just the car brotherhood thing.

i saw a awesome looking red Crestwood wagon yesterday
nobody gives a **** about it because
I didn't take a pic!

Too each their own
it doesn't have to be something I like or choose
to be cool, have creativity or 1st class workmanship
I can appreciate the craftsmanship

I'm not a big fan of Honda's or lambo style doors either

& of course, figures it was a 'Puerto Rican's' car
way to stay with the (L) MSM narratives
what the hell does the guys RACE/nationality have to do with anything ?

Last edited:
Cars are great equalizers. I don't mean we all like the same car but we all love cars and respect others that do. I remember one time I was at Bloomington Gold, the big annual Corvette event. We were crowded around looking at something and I stepped back hard, right on some guy's foot. BIg scary looking black dude. I though oh boy, here we go! He was so nice as I apologized. It's just the car brotherhood thing.
Ha! When I worked as a stagehand I did that same thing to the pro wrestler Mr. Perfect (Kurt something or other)... stepped right on his expensive-looking alligator skin boot. I thought he was going to snap my neck but he was cool about it, he was busy greasing up his hair anyway..Nice guy. I think he's dead now.

Went to an all Mopar show yesterday and while I took my car I didnt realize it my damned camera was full so I got no picks to show for it. But I did get a swell teeshirt for taking part. Missed last years show but did attend the year before and again got a swell teeshirt. And not to be undone, I test drove a Jeep at a local dealer and got this free teeshirt, and no we didn't buy one. Having no source of reference information on the Diesel Rams at work I used the internet web page Diselram.com for that and bought this nice tee from them with the web page logo. And finally, a Trifive tee left over from Trifive.com web page when we had our 56'Belair.
DSCF3456.JPG
DSCF3457.JPG
DSCF3458.JPG
DSCF3459.JPG
DSCF3460.JPG

The hispanic guys I know here in New Jersey are awesome guys and they have awesome cars, they really do a great job with a lot of work and dedication. Of course, being older guys like myself, they mostly have the vintage iron we all like.

Went to an all Mopar show yesterday and while I took my car I didnt realize it my damned camera was full so I got no picks to show for it. But I did get a swell teeshirt for taking part. Missed last years show but did attend the year before and again got a swell teeshirt. And not to be undone, I test drove a Jeep at a local dealer and got this free teeshirt, and no we didn't buy one. Having no source of reference information on the Diesel Rams at work I used the internet web page Diselram.com for that and bought this nice tee from them with the web page logo. And finally, a Trifive tee left over from Trifive.com web page when we had our 56'Belair. View attachment 654820 View attachment 654821 View attachment 654822 View attachment 654823 View attachment 654825
need pic's...Sonny is visual..

Just joking

Went to an all Mopar show yesterday and while I took my car I didnt realize it my damned camera was full so I got no picks to show for it. But I did get a swell teeshirt for taking part. Missed last years show but did attend the year before and again got a swell teeshirt. And not to be undone, I test drove a Jeep at a local dealer and got this free teeshirt, and no we didn't buy one. Having no source of reference information on the Diesel Rams at work I used the internet web page Diselram.com for that and bought this nice tee from them with the web page logo. And finally, a Trifive tee left over from Trifive.com web page when we had our 56'Belair. View attachment 654820 View attachment 654821 View attachment 654822 View attachment 654823 View attachment 654825

For those who thirst for pictures, I give you a little joke people. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When I was younger, there was a Puerto Rican car club in the city that I grew up in. They all had Mazda RX7's. Not my cup of tea, but those little rotary engines were MEAN!!! I personally witnessed them beating down American muscle cars. I respected them for the work and dedication that they put into their cars.
PS Next time...TAKE PICTURES Steve.

Auto Transport Service
Back