• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb linkage help

StckweldinSteve

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I bought this 1974 Plymouth satellite plus. It’s got a 360 and to be honest I’m not sure what trans. Anyway I’m trying to get my edelbrock avs 650 to work. I removed an old Holley 750 double pumper and am trying to sort the linkage because it was kind of just rigged in there. I got the Chrysler adapter, a mopar throttle stud for automatic trans and new bracket (which I don’t think will work so I’m just going to bend the old ones to fit.) Previous owner has modified them slightly it seems.
I know this isn’t right but I think I’m in the neighborhood of it being right. I need to get a nut for the stud of course and adjust the throttle cable in the bracket but it’s not crazy far from being straight.
The trans kick down has an extension that I will probably remove as it seems too long. I think as long as that lever is fully pushed at full throttle I should be good there.

Also including a picture of the bracket that won’t work because my adapter sticks out too far. I’m betting some of you know some things I don’t on this whole deal.

53F00C1A-B5A3-4925-A8CC-B1CBF4DDABA4.jpeg

F6AA76BB-D8B0-4111-8422-ABF40512A1D2.jpeg

73BBC367-C2B0-4DE4-8744-DE20E3273F28.jpeg

E38FB4C3-5F46-4983-90B9-6D99C7DF7832.jpeg

You need a spring on the front of the kickdown linkage also. I did it this way so all factory linkage worked.

Sorry for the incorrect info on spring on kickdown. It ha
20210109_141505.jpg
20210109_141458.jpg
d been a bit since I looked at mine. Slide your kickdown inboard, place thin washer then clip in the center grooves. Spring in outer groove back to bracket. Front spring in-between the hoop on the throttle cable.

No worries man. I think you were right before. My linkage doesn’t have a place for a spring further back. Instead of drilling out the Edelbrock linkage I just used a skinny bolt. It made getting things straight a breeze. Is there any reason this wouldn’t work after I install a spring? I of course will add jam nuts. And slide the throttle cable back a hair. The trans kick down is all the way back at full throttle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back