• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carbon Fibre Transmission Shield

The part number is SUM-590300
When I called them, I did not know which one would fit because they have several. The guy said, a couple Mopar guys with 727 Transmissions left comments that this one fit well because of the length and the adjustable straps. I did not put it on yet. Right now I am welding on a rear quarter panel. I hope to install the tranny Wednesday if nothing gets in the way.

Reviews I saw said it's borderline fitting a 727 and likely a problem with deep pan... I would try it on a 727 out of the car if you have one laying around.

I'd wrap trans with clear wrap. That will keep it clean if you want to return it.

Fitting the blankets on 727's are a pain, since they seem to all be designed for bowties.

I will let you know Wednesday for sure. The plastic is a good idea. Thank you!

It did not fit! I called Summit to see if they had one 2-3” longer. The longest they have is just a 1/2” longer than this one I have. Ughhh. The straps come around and are about a 1/2” away from the buckle. Another 3” longer strap would work. Can I use an unattached strap? Or will it slip off after a couple passes?

B5463CEA-CA46-4C6E-80EF-06280B9242A0.jpeg F74EA7D8-87D0-487E-AE2C-CEBA8470E7C3.jpeg

I just checked Jegs and Mancini Racing, they all have the same ones. Has anyone tried to use and independent strap? It seems like it would work. I am out of options.

Ya, they all seem to be made for glides. I had to relocate my front strap location to the 727 ears. My under the pan straps barely fit

I did exactly what 66satellite47 suggested. I cut the side straps off the blanket, went to Joann fabric and bought some nylon thread and stronger needles, and my wife sewed them back onto the straps that were too short. I have the blanket in place, but I cannot get the straps to lock into the buckle. The other problem I can for see is the blanket is right up against my headers. I am sure those headers are going to melt that blanket. Does anyone have a solution for these two issues? Pics work best!

96FAE3B6-6537-4A27-B416-F99BBF4F4CE7.jpeg FED2BB72-92A6-477D-8C48-754F4729667A.jpeg

Try some asbestos wrap on the header near the strap. Why doesn't the buckle lock.
Again it's too bad the manufacturers don't realize that not everyone runs a Glide.

I just ran out and bought some header wrap. Thank you!

My friend stopped by and pulled the strap with some serious force (he’s much stronger than I am), and tightened that strap so it does not move. I just told him my arms were weary from all the work I was doing on the car. He said, sure! Anyways, my blanket is installed. I will take a picture when I go back out to the garage.

Instead of cutting off & re--sewing,....Why won't a Strap Extension (or any Latch Compatible stand- alone Strap) Latched to the existing sewed on straps work ??

Instead of cutting off & re--sewing,....Why won't a Strap Extension (or any Latch Compatible stand- alone Strap) Latched to the existing sewed on straps work ??
Suggested that but must've cut straps before seeing post. Once you cut it's yours.

Cutting makes it yours and getting dirty makes it yours. I was trying to get this together so I could make it to the track Saturday, but it rained. I saw the post about the strap extensions, but I knew that was not an option for me due to how quickly I was trying to get things done, and how long it would take to get those strap extensions and install them. What I have done seems to be a good solution. I will let you know when I get a chance to run the car.

I modified my trans tunnel for an aluminum shield by cutting it out entirely and raising it an inch. Plenty of room now. Carpet and console all still even fit.

Like I said my blanket was clearly not designed for a 727. But over the years I've gotten used to making things fit to my application. My SFI aluminum shield I got for my tube Arrow was not even close. Not designed for the front drum explosion or even to fit the trans pan. SFI certified but a complete POS. Fortunately I figured out how to get it located correctly and made all my own attachment parts. How that part could get a SFI cert is a mystery to me. It doesn't fit a 727. But WTF.

I tried one of those blankets years ago. I hated it. Could never get it not to burn through or melt somewhere from the headers.

Auto Transport Service
Back