• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carl Weathers "Apollo Creed" won't be down for breakfast

Saw this today.
I don't usually take much interest in "celebrity" doings. This guy is a bit different though. He is in several movies and tv shows I like, I was taken aback a little when I saw the news.
Rocky, obviously
But he is in one of the couple Adam Sandler movies I like, Happy Gilmore
Predator
Did some voice acting, and did small roles on a whole mess of tv shows
A larger role on "In the Heat of the Night" (I watched this(reruns) quite a lot when I was younger, a decent show for the times)

The guy always had a presence when he was on camera, he commanded attention from the audience and his performances were top notch. Kind of rare for a sports player lol.
RIP

Always enjoyed the characters he portrayed, liked him very much ! R.I.P. to a really good one !

Just seeing the consistent positive feedback from you all says a lot about Carl Weathers.
Especially now that he's gone IMO.

I've seen him in several flicks myself.
The most impressionable being obvious, as Apollo in Rocky.
Heart, love of family and friends and American patriotism were all reinforced in me as a young child by the character he portrayed in that role.

Other movies I enjoyed him in...
- Action Jackson
- Predator
- Happy Gilmore

I wasn't around yet to notice him as a football star, but that's pretty cool to know :thumbsup:

R.I.P.
Thanks Apollo for the positive influence on me and my family.

Auto Transport Service
Back