• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carl Weathers "Apollo Creed" won't be down for breakfast

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Carl Weathers, the actor known for roles in Rocky, Predator and The Mandalorian, has died. He was 76.

1706904552618.png

His family said in a statement Friday, according to Deadline and Variety, that Weathers "died peacefully in his sleep" on Thursday, Feb. 1.
"We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of Carl Weathers," said the family, adding, "Carl was an exceptional human being who lived an extraordinary life.
Through his contributions to film, television, the arts and sports, he has left an indelible mark and is recognized worldwide and across generations.
He was a beloved brother, father, grandfather, partner and friend."

Weathers, a former NFL linebacker, starred as boxer Apollo Creed opposite Sylvester Stallone in the Rocky films, starting with the 1976 original.
He costarred with Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1987's Predator, and he most recently starred as Greef Karga on the Star Wars series The Mandalorian, which earned him an Emmy nomination.

Carl Weathers, Actor from Rocky, Predator and Mandalorian, Dead at 76: 'An Exceptional Human Being'

Wow...I'm watching Rocky 4 right now and the tall Russian just beat him in the ring.
That really is weird.

YO! Apollo ...... R.I.P.
I thought he played every role I saw him in very well.

No way! 76 is fairly young as he was in good shape. Great actor and athlete.

Wow! I’m shocked! Any idea of what was wrong? Thx for the memories - RIP Apollo…

RIP Carl Weathers,
former NFL player
(Oakland Raiders' Linebacker #49 in 1970-71 (?) Just Win Baby)
& he always seemed like the guy that aged well,
in great shape, good man/family man, athlete & actor

sad days, my deepest heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family & friends
1 of the few Hollyweirdos, I actually liked

Carl Weathers #49 Oakland Raider 1970-71.jpg

Last edited:
Wow....RIP, Action Jackson!
Of course, he'd already died twice to me...once as Dillon and again as Chubbs Peterson.

too late already a thread

But out of respect, I'll say RIP Carl again

former NFL player (Oakland Raiders' #49 in 1970-71 Just Win Baby)
I was unaware! The Silver and Black were my team back in the day, a few years later than '70-'71 (I was a 6yo then).
Another cool thing to know about a celebrity who seemed to be one of the "good ones".

R.I.P.

RIP enjoyed the movies he was in and YES 76 is gone too soon but at least he died in his sleep peacefully...

Auto Transport Service
Back