• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Award Snafoo $$$

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
At the presentation they give you a plaque. Then they take it back. Then you have to go stand in line to BUY it BACK.

$69.50 (plaque) or $26.50 for just a picture of the presentation.

So! me being last, they ran out of plaques.
So it cost me another $26.50 on top of the reg fee.

It's all about the money.

At the presentation they give you a plaque. Then they take it back. Then you have to go stand in line to BUY it BACK.

WTF….Is that plaque worth it? That’s why I won’t take my car there. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
That is crazy. How much does a plaque cost at a trophy store, $10 maybe?
Do you have to buy a photo? If you turn down their “generous” offer are you still listed on the roster of show class winners or do you end up disqualified?
I certainly don’t need a picture of my ugly mug getting an award at a show even if it was free!

It's a well run event but that is simply awful you build a car drag it there and then have to pay for a lousy award.
I'd consider taking a grille and burning it right at the end of the line.
Take a video and inform them it will be posted with a very negative narrative.

You PAY to enter your car in it's particular class. You win an award for the best-in-class. You PAY again for that award. or You PAY for a photo receiving the award that you have to PAY if you want it. ( anyone notice a common theme here ? )

And what, you have to stick around all weekend for that "opportunity" ?!?!?

Pay all the money for the car/restoration, pay entry, then have to pay for a trophy? That is ridiculous!!!!

I’ve never understood the “your car starts with 100 points, and we’ll deduct them if it isn’t right”.

I like being wrong. :D

It's a well run event but that is simply awful you build a car drag it there and then have to pay for a lousy award.
I'd consider taking a grille and burning it right at the end of the line.
Take a video and inform them it will be posted with a very negative narrative.
So, let me get this straight. You win an award, they present it to you, then take it back and you pay for the award?

Pretty low class for such a premier event. Not that I would win a award at carslile? Think I’ll cross this event off my list.

Even the smaller car show I attend in Havana Fl. which has no entry fee and is run by volunteers with the support of the local businesses gives out a best of show trophy for free each month.

Even the smaller car show I attend in Havana Fl. which has no entry fee and is run by volunteers with the support of the local businesses gives out a best of show trophy for free each month.
When I still had my 87 Grand National, I took it to a local (Orielly's) car show. It was free, and I won an award/plaque and they gave me a $20 card for the store. They are using this to promote business... IMO that is how you do it.

You PAY to enter your car in it's particular class. You win an award for the best-in-class. You PAY again for that award. or You PAY for a photo receiving the award that you have to PAY if you want it. ( anyone notice a common theme here ? )
Well it is Pennsylvania after all......LOL

It's a great show but they do need to fix this award situation...and the pretzels, the pretezels suck.

I get it that lots of winners don't pic up their trophies.... And maybe this is a way of keeping the entry fee down, by not factoring a trophy expense to it. Like making the judging self sustaining.

But from Daytona trophy a 9"x12" unlimited colors is $20.

Isn't it popular choice judging? So the expense there is printing and maybe 4 hours labor to tabulate results ($200). Edit: is there a separate judged presentation? Then add announcing costs. Labor is not free.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back