• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Sale

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
This Memorial Day weekend, Carlisle Events is having a 20% off sale to register your car. $52 gets you and a passenger in all weekend AND parking for your car!

Now is a great time to register AND be sure to add FBBO as your club!!!

I know there is still uncertainty regarding COVID-19. Let's hope it goes off as planned or that we can adjust our schedules for any revised times. In my opinion, it's a pretty small price for a really good time. Throw caution to the wind and go for it! :)

(I am not affiliated with Carlisle Events in any way - I'm just trying to solicit so we have a good showing for FBBO this year)

I called them Wed., spoke to a nice person who said the July dates - 10th, 11th, and 12th - was still a go. They also said to check on the website for any changes that may happen between now & then.

What’s the refund policy? Probably none. I think stuff in July might happen. Their shows in June I’m not so sure about.

What’s the refund policy? Probably none. I think stuff in July might happen. Their shows in June I’m not so sure about.
In looking at their standard terms: "Refunds for cancellations will not be issued less than 45 days prior to the beginning of the event. (i.e. showfield, camping, vending space, etc.)"

If they move the event and you can no longer attend, I have to believe they would honor a refund if you immediately called them, even if less than 45 days away. However, that is merely a guess on my part; I was unable to find any written statements relating to them moving an event due to pandemic - probably not something they planned on!

Hawk

Thanks for the response. I guess it was a rhetorical question. I’m sure there will be no refunds. One of my buddies has a Spring spot and he can’t go in June and they would not give him a refund since the show was ‘on’. I’m sure just like everyone else they’re hurting and try to get people’s money with a sale. Carlisle is at the point where they try to get your money 30 days after the event for the next year, vendor and car corral spots anyway.

I think that from the vendor standpoint, if you ask for a refund, Carlisle Events will credit you 80% of the money if they can "resell or basically sublease" your spots. If they are not able to find someone to sublease your spots, then it is your loss as Carlisle attempted to find someone to take your spots. Last year, there was such a demand for spaces, that certain car corral spaces were taken over to be swap meet spots to fill the demand. There was the demand for spots last year and they would have probably been a demand this year as well had it not been for the virus situation.

But this year, I am sure that there will be excess spots that will not be bought and therefore, the possibility of getting a refund will doubtful. Vendors are given a 5% discount if you renew your spaces for the following year during that year's scheduled event. Otherwise, if you want to retain your spaces, then you have to pay in full by the second week of October for your spaces for next year.

That is why it is so important to Carlisle events that the event goes on at the scheduled date or a rescheduled date. We can only hope that the public decides to show up for the show.

Auto Transport Service
Back