• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Tent Activities 2023 - Help Requested!

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
With apologies I am WAY behind this year with Carlisle plans. I had to build an engine and then participate in the Hot Rod Power Tour so my time has been taken up doing that.

Same as last year, I will be hosting some tent activities. Thanks to your registrations last year, we were the fourth largest club at Carlisle! Let's hope we can build on that and continue to make the tent even better!

A few notes regarding the tent:
  • Same as last year, we will offer the other FxBO sites to register their cars as FBBO. So yes, that means that the FBBO tent will also host our friends from FABO, FEBO and FCBO. Officially from a Carlisle perspective it will be FBBO, but at the tent it will be all of them combined into one big happy Mopar family! (Plus, this increases the number of registered cars too.)
  • SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:
    Last year, I put together a complimentary lunch on Saturday. This year, I am looking for volunteers to:
    (a) Help with putting together picnic lunches for Friday and Saturday (I will help too)
    (b) Help give a seminar or tutorial on a car related subject of your choosing
  • Like last year, I will also be trying to get some handouts and/or prizes to those who volunteer and/or for those who register. I don't know if this will be possible given the short timing, so don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
  • I would like to make the tent a free or very cheap watering station for members. Perhaps we can put our heads together to help do this.
I'd appreciate help so we can all do a little and enjoy a lot. If you are interested in helping in any way, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

P.S. So once again, PLEASE register your car as FBBO. With enough people registering, the tent is free. As more register, the tent gets larger. So let's see if we can get a big tent!!!

This will be a Plymouth year.
We can bring Zwiegles hots and Genesee beer.
I can also bring the water jug which seemed to work pretty well last year.
Should be there Thursday around noon.

upload_2022-4-12_9-2-37.png

1687436459401.png

hope to be there both friday and saturday...... willing to help in any way I can, without specifics (yet)

Hawk, I'll be talking to you at least a couple times before then.

Wish I could get there but if you sell anything you are married to your spaces... Have fun guys!

I can bring a couple cases of Coke/Diet Coke. I'm getting excited for the show!
Maybe I'll meet eldubb440 this year? You left early last year.

Wish I could get there but if you sell anything you are married to your spaces... Have fun guys!
I am in the same boat! I will be vending all weekend. I think I saw those "tent activities" in an Austin Powers movie! Lol

I am in the same boat! I will be vending all weekend. I think I saw those "tent activities" in an Austin Powers movie! Lol
How about everyone vending posts their spot numbers so we can patronize our members. I'd like tto meet some folks as well.

I was there Friday and may have been the last to leave, you must have been there Saturday....... I'll be wearing one of these special t shirts for ID, The Green one was a Father's day gift from Rebel :D

pretty sure the black one was birthday

20221226_131353.jpg

IMG_20230622_105534888.jpg

Last edited:
I have some Raffle stuff to give you I picked up last summer.
Thank you sir - the support last year and this year is much appreciated! I'll PM you separately.

hope to be there both friday and saturday...... willing to help in any way I can, without specifics (yet)

Hawk, I'll be talking to you at least a couple times before then.
Awesome, much appreciated. Yes, we'll be in touch - I think we are heading down soon, and if the weather cooperates I'll bring the 70...

That's great - thank you! I'm planning to have one cooler with water there all the time for members, so adding to the beverages is awesome.

Meet @eldubb440 ??? Wait - what??? Is he trying to dethrone @Richard Cranium as the guy to meet?!?
1687448893315.png

How about everyone vending posts their spot numbers so we can patronize our members. I'd like tto meet some folks as well.
I think that's a great idea. I'll start a separate thread.

I was there Friday and may have been the last to leave, you must have been there Saturday....... I'll be wearing one of these special t shirts for ID, The Green one was a Father's day gift from Rebel :D

pretty sure the black one was birthday

View attachment 1483226
View attachment 1483227
Black shirts are great - until it's 95 degrees, sunny and humid...
1687449040170.png

would love to come but working 12 hour crews its very hard to get time off to come there it was much easier when I was younger

Another request: I don't have an E bodies Only login. Is someone willing to post a thread there for the picnic?

I should be close by, and we always have cold beverages on hand. As I come with a bunch of other friends from Canada, I can't commit to provide much help, but I am happy to donate to the menu. PM me if there is anything specific you need.

Dave

Auto Transport Service
Back