• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet for a 67

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Going to be putting new carpet in my 67 Charger. The question I have is whether to get mass backing or not. Appears that not may be the way to go due to placement around the rear console. Was kicking around the idea that maybe doing mass backing on the main front carpet and the rest without. Any thoughts out there?

Not really familiar w "mass backing" but I'm thinking it's some kind of padded backing. If so, n it interferes w console etc, get it and cut the backing off where it interferes.

Yes it is. However, not something I would spend more for just to cut off.
1669047567969.png

I’m trying to decide the same thing. What brand are you planning on using? The best I can tell ACC seems to be to the top of the line.

Stock Interiors is the place I was planning on going with.

Anyone place an order with Stock Interiors lately? Just wondering if they still give a discount. I don't see them listed as a vendor here anymore.

I have. No discount. But make sure you get the correct carpet. They get from ACC and they have two different "styles" they pick from.

Anyone place an order with Stock Interiors lately? Just wondering if they still give a discount. I don't see them listed as a vendor here anymore.
What car are you buying for? I got the set for a 67 Charger with a center console and they did not know that there is a piece of carpet for the back of the console. Had to educate them and all the others that sell.

What car are you buying for? I got the set for a 67 Charger with a center console and they did not know that there is a piece of carpet for the back of the console. Had to educate them and all the others that sell.

66 Coronet hardtop 4 speed non console. I was shopping around and it looks like rockauto.com has acc carpet for a better price. Sound like most places are selling acc so i'm guessing that's what Stock Interiors is selling too.

Did you go with mass backing? Any thoughts about it?

66 Coronet hardtop 4 speed non console. I was shopping around and it looks like rockauto.com has acc carpet for a better price. Sound like most places are selling acc so i'm guessing that's what Stock Interiors is selling too.

Did you go with mass backing? Any thoughts about it?
I did not. Too thick to cut and mold around the console etc. The door plates would have a hard time fitting with the lip and many places the moulding would not fit due to the increased thickness. I saved the $ and just bought the extra roll of backing (heat and sound insulation 3ft by 4ft) and placed it where I wanted. The jut backing is attached to the carpet already. Make sure they send the dimmer switch grommet. Mine was missing. And yes most places are selling the same ACC. When I purchase Stock Interiors was almost he same price as Rock, and I figured if there was an issue (which there were a few) it would be worked out better buying from them and it was.

1695844432068.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back