• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My bad rockauto carpet

Sam69sat

Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
Just a heads up if you buy carpet from rockauto (or probaby anyone). Make sure you test fit before the return window closes. I'm not ready to install but i wanted to get a couple 66/67 b body carpets that i'll be needing. The auto carpet with mass backing had good fitment with the footpad in the correct place. The mass backing 4 speed is a dud. Glad i checked them. Started the return process.

footpad.jpg
footpad2.jpg
melted.jpg
tear-hole.jpg

Rock Auto is the supplier. Who is the manufacturer?

Good news. They're replacing and don't even want the bad one back.

Fantastic. ACC has been around a long time (I can recall fetching carpets from them in the 80's, for example).
In those days, it was ACC and Legendary. We didn't have much other choice, but both were (are) quality.

I think ACC is the only company making carpets for our old cars nowadays. I have been buying them from Rock Auto as well. RA usually always has the cheapest pricing. Only thing that bothers me about them is if you have a problem, there are no human beings to talk to. They claim that's how they are cutting costs.

that was a bad day at ACC.. mine was nearly perfect.. til i installed it

ACC is the only Mopar carpet set manufacturer.

However, there are a few companies making the actual carpet material from which the precut sets are made by ACC.

Bought my console carpet from RA and the price was cheaper than ACC.

Glad RA did the right thing due to a manufacturing issue.

I ordered from stockinteriors.com and it was also ACC. ECS was another source, I talked to them when I was ready to recarpet the GTX only to discover that ECS discontinued their carpet offerings. For what it’s worth, the ACC fit perfectly and the heel pad was in the right place…
IMG_7980.JPG

Last edited:
Ive had many acc’s from RA and would have to say that’s unusual. I bet (hope) your replacement will be fine!

Ive had many acc’s from RA and would have to say that’s unusual. I bet (hope) your replacement will be fine!

Yeah, the other carpet ordered at the same time for auto tunnel fits nice.

blue.jpg

Ima check mine when I get home. I have a 66/67 black manual carpet but it’s not installed. Didn’t get from rock auto but it’s ACC.

I think ACC is the only company making carpets for our old cars nowadays. I have been buying them from Rock Auto as well. RA usually always has the cheapest pricing. Only thing that bothers me about them is if you have a problem, there are no human beings to talk to. They claim that's how they are cutting costs.
I just received my custom floor mats for my Coronet R/T from ACC and they fit perfect. Purchased them from Classic Industries.

I honestly never thought to order carpet from RA. I'm going to check them out now

I just received my custom floor mats for my Coronet R/T from ACC and they fit perfect. Purchased them from Classic Industries.
Yeah, like I said, ACC is the only manufacturer. Everyone is selling the same thing. Buy it from whoever is the cheapest on the given day that you want it.....

Cool beans!! I love it when a supplier doesn't want the product back and then I can use it for something else.....like a beater :D

Cool beans!! I love it when a supplier doesn't want the product back and then I can use it for something else.....like a beater :D
Fantastic molded floor mats to sit on top of your good carpet just get someone to bind the edges

Auto Transport Service
Back