• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Carter AVS for sale - L9 4934S - 1970 340 Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This old AVS was on my 67 GTX 440 when I bought it and was subsequently replaced with a correct AFB. It’s been hanging on my wall for 20 years. I’ve taken it apart and run it through an ultrasonic cleaner a few times and also used some navel jelly on some of the linkage where there was rust. I put a rebuild kit in it from Mikes Carburetors and adjusted all the linkages, floats, secondary air valve and stops. I’ve verified the primary jets and rods are correct and the original 3-step rods with tall jets are still in it. The secondary jets were not correct but I replaced them with correct jets from Mikes. Choke pull off canister is good.

If you have a 1970 340 auto this should be the correct carb and could be run as is with just final adjustments for idle mixture, idle speed and choke action. Or is would be an excellent candidate to be sent off for a full concours restoration. Fuel inlet for steel line is missing. Base gasket and insulator gasket in rebuild kit included. Asking $175.

IMG_1122.jpeg
IMG_1127.jpeg
IMG_1128.jpeg
IMG_1129.jpeg
IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

pm sent

There is a sale pending.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service