• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cassette radio

derush

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
does anyone have any idea of how rare these are or what the value would be on one ? i dont have the power cord to test it , mic . looks nos . i recieved this with a package deal . tia ed

IMG_20230102_202510384.jpg

IMG_20230102_202056690.jpg

Rare and valuable are not necessarily the same thing. I'd say that the deck and mic are not overly common. The real value is going to be for someone who needs one, actual price is going to be dependent on the market, condition and desire (from the buyer). You might think about an auction site if you just aren't sure.

On a related note, could you measure the face (width and height)?

They are rare and valuable. Not many cars had them and cars that need them do not have any reproduced.
I have the am/fm that this would attach to. Here is the pinout you can build to test it.

I believe that is a later issue cord… The originals were a straight cord not a coiled one…Those cords sell between $75-125 on eBay many listed at $125-200 just stay there..

Here is the one that most are looking for…

9BF70EC9-31E2-4CA8-9874-53E39EAEE061.png

This option is rare. The value is going to be for the few that require this for their numbers-matching, option-matching car. We routinely plucked out the factory radio back in the day to install an aftermarket quality audio unit, with small round speakers in the kick panels and 6x9 Jensen speakers in the rear shelf panel. Factory radios were thrown in the garbage along with the factory steel wheels. I'd research it for the exact application, then put it out for auction.

As far as the unit itself $650-1,000 the higher end of you show that is actually works.. They are around and I believe they were an option on E, B and C Bodies…

Um, no; rare, but not valuable at all. In fact, they detract value, so, in order to maintain your financial stability, you had best box it up and get it out of your house pronto. And naturally, in yet another act of selfless altruism, I will take it off your hands - you can just send it here and I'll take the hit...

Um, no; rare, but not valuable at all. In fact, they detract value, so, in order to maintain your financial stability, you had best box it up and get it out of your house pronto. And naturally, in yet another act of selfless altruism, I will take it off your hands - you can just send it here and I'll take the hit...
:rofl: :rofl:

I've not seen one labeled like that (Dodge).

Last time I researched them-

Up to $500 for the pod and $1000-1250 for the actual cassette recorder if it works.

I've not seen one labeled like that (Dodge).
first time for me too

Here is the pinout it didn't attach.View attachment 1396405
HEY! Thats my diagram! LOL

I made that job on my car to use the factory multiplexer Radio provision to get an aux in line using a 1/8” normalized jack, just like modern radios.

also a cigar lighter socket to get an extra power source without need to keep open the ashtray… everything built into a plastic lab box attached underneath the Radio.

I have one I pulled out of a ‘72 Coronet Crestwood wagon back in the 80’s. I think the wanted $5 for it. I didn’t grab the radio, but I’m sure you could get it to work with any period correct radio.

I have one I pulled out of a ‘72 Coronet Crestwood wagon back in the 80’s. I think the wanted $5 for it. I didn’t grab the radio, but I’m sure you could get it to work with any period correct radio.
The radio is cassette recorder specific as far as plug and play… They sometime came in cars with out that set up and just used a plug on the end..

first time for me too

HEY! Thats my diagram! LOL

I made that job on my car to use the factory multiplexer Radio provision to get an aux in line using a 1/8” normalized jack, just like modern radios.

also a cigar lighter socket to get an extra power source without need to keep open the ashtray… everything built into a plastic lab box attached underneath the Radio.
Don’t want to Hi Jack this post but I tried to PM you here but I left a comment over at dodgecharger.com on your charging and wiring upgrade under my name Pipeliner. If you get time could you please take a look at it. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back