• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center Console door lock

Encswsm

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone,
In my new (to me) 66 Charger the button to open the console is missing. Does anyone know how to get it open with the button gone?
Thanks

yes, pm me
I thought this looked familiar your the same one that emailed me on Mon night, we have a call scheduled tonight I believe, I sent you an email back this afternoon.

I thought this looked familiar your the same one that emailed me on Mon night, we have a call scheduled tonight I believe, I sent you an email back this afternoon.
Great Ill wait till I call you. Thanks

If you put something like a punch, screw driver that fits in the hole and push down you should release the spring and it will want to open. Once in awhile you might have to hold the lid down until it wants to pop up. Let us know if you get it open.

You have to schedule a call now for getting advice on this site?

Great Ill wait till I call you. Thanks

I really hope you're not going to be charged for that call! We all learn from this site so there shouldn't be a need to privately communicate what is probably a simple issue.

If you put something like a punch, screw driver that fits in the hole and push down you should release the spring and it will want to open. Once in awhile you might have to hold the lid down until it wants to pop up. Let us know if you get it open.
You had it when I got home I looked into the hole and theres a lever I pushed on it with a screw and Wallah! It’s Open. Thanks

I really hope you're not going to be charged for that call! We all learn from this site so there shouldn't be a need to privately communicate what is probably a simple issue.
No sir this isn’t a pay for help issue . I was having another issue I addressed in a different pose and he was going to talk me through it

You had it when I got home I looked into the hole and theres a lever I pushed on it with a screw and Wallah! It’s Open. Thanks
That is what I was hoping, part of being a member. You might be able to find a door lock knob put it in upside down and use that. Not OEM but works.

Hold the lever down/open and slide the knob up from the bottom. The lever will hold it in place. Also a Clevis pin can be made to work.

Possible to make something that will work with a little inventiveness like what 440 4 speed dude said.

No lock, just a button if I understand your question.

BlackArmrest-20111103131614.jpg

S4010474.JPG

S4010478.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back