• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ceramic Boot Ignition Wires

multimopes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Accel Extreme 2000 ignition wires with ceramic boots. They are all 90 degree boots except one which is 45 degrees. It doesn't say which cylinder the 45 is for so I called the company to ask. They didn't seem to know which is funny as the set is specifically for Mopar B and RB engines. I know it might depend on the headers as to where it goes. All the reviews I read were positive and they fit perfectly but none specified anything. Has anyone installed one of these sets on a 440 with headers? It most likely isn't important but I am just curious before I install them. The wire set I have, which is shot, has a mixed bag with no 45s.

If you try to install the 90 on all of them, it should become apparent which one needs the 45.

Thank you both, I appreciate it. Like I said, it's not real important. It probably varies depending on header pipe routing anyway. As there are different length wires it will narrow down the choices also. (natural selection?). :D

That was a nice article on detailing , Thanks!

Update, I installed the new wires and it worked out to be that #5 cylinder got the 45 degree boot. See attached photo.
HPIM0357.JPG

Yes they were but they tell you to cut the distributer end if you desire. They don't tell you which goes where as there is more than one application. You can't fiddle with the ceramic end, they are sealed. I didn't cut mine. They say to start with the longest and work backwards.

Auto Transport Service
Back